RU Attendances at the France verses England internationals

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: RU Attendances at the France verses England internationals

Post by Mike »

PJC wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:18 pm Wishing for the past. I used to really enjoy seeing the Australian touring teams. International Tests and club matches. I believe that having the tourists on show for a longer time built up interest in an international.
Yeah, the tours were great and there really was a public interest in those. If only we could get that back.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
PJC

Post by PJC »

Full house Central Park. The setting sun in my eyes as I look towards the town from the Spion Kop end. Out come the teams. I ll wake up from this dream soon
PJC

Post by PJC »

Yes off topic
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Mike wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:06 pm
PJC wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:18 pm Wishing for the past. I used to really enjoy seeing the Australian touring teams. International Tests and club matches. I believe that having the tourists on show for a longer time built up interest in an international.
Yeah, the tours were great and there really was a public interest in those. If only we could get that back.
Totally agree, it shows how big they used to be when I still have vivid recollections of the first ever game that my dad took me to. Wigan v Aus at Central Park in 1986 :D

the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Sutty wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:59 am
Totally agree, it shows how big they used to be when I still have vivid recollections of the first ever game that my dad took me to. Wigan v Aus at Central Park in 1986 :D
1982 GB v Ozzies. stood on the brick walls by the steps into the Sully Bar, and they'v made me cry into my beer ever since :) :)
PJC

Post by PJC »

How’s about a Friday night in October 1967 when Wigan beat the Aussies 12-6. If I remember correctly David Hill made his debut as a substitute and shone.
Sorry Josie once again off topic
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PJC wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:38 pm How’s about a Friday night in October 1967 when Wigan beat the Aussies 12-6. If I remember correctly David Hill made his debut as a substitute and shone.
It isn’t off topic as we don’t have an Off Topic forum now. As long as there isn’t anything "political’ it’s okay 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Sutty wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:59 am
Just watched a great programme on Fox Sports Australia, The Fan. It was Andrew Voss doing a 30 minute piece on Old Trafford and all the great games that have taken place there over the years.
It also covered some other grounds as well, but it did show a lot of the Aussie Tours, they also had past players on waxing lyrical about how good it was to go on a tour of the UK and France and that every player should aspire to be picked for a tour and that todays current players are really missing out on the experience.
I just hope 'Kenty' (of of NRL360) was watching it as he was calling for tours and internationals to be scrapped all together and just concentrate on the domestic game, some fantastic tries were shown, including a small section about Martin Offia and the number of tries he scored, well worth a watch.
PJC

Post by PJC »

Didn’t realise that there actually is an “off topic “ headline on the forum.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

PJC wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:38 pm How’s about a Friday night in October 1967 when Wigan beat the Aussies 12-6. If I remember correctly David Hill made his debut as a substitute and shone.
i wasnt even a twinkle in my fathers eye at that point :lol: :lol:

i'm just longing for a test series win v the Ozzies as i've had many years of disappointment, but not as many as you have :)