Leeds followed by Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

Leeds followed by Leeds

Post by DaiJones »

Sounds like the Rhinos are in usefully poor form ahead of our two fixtures so if we can get some bodies back we might be in with a decent shout in both. However, I always hate it when we play the same opponents in the cup and league in very close proximity, because for whatever reason-probably psychological- two from two just seems so difficult to achieve. I checked back over the years since Super League began and the stats back this up:

We have played the same opponents in back to back league and cup fixtures nine times and only won both games on two of those occasions.

In addition, we have played the same opponents in a league and a cup fixture separated by only one other game ten times since 1996 and again only won both twice (the most galling perhaps being when we beat Hull KR 60-0 in the league and then they knocked us out of the cup two weeks later).

So, every one with me? We can take losing on Friday if that means we probably win the Cup game? :D
fozzieskem

Re: Leeds followed by Leeds

Post by fozzieskem »

They’re danger outs because they’re so poor a side chock full of journeymen coached by a coach who doesn’t seem to know who his captain is..but I feel this Wigan will beat them next week but that cup game that’s got banana skin written all,over it
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Hopefully players come back in next week and the week later. Being able to put new players in will hopefully give us a better chance of winning both

I think putting Isa into that cup match will fire the lads up
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Big stick wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:07 am Hopefully players come back in next week and the week later. Being able to put new players in will hopefully give us a better chance of winning both

I think putting Isa into that cup match will fire the lads up
Isa is available next week.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Did the a team game count towards his ban
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

We need to be in Good Friday mode in that cup game. If we are, we win the game but anything less and we could get ourselves in bother. They’re a weird team! Some weeks they look embarrassing and others, they look a cracking side. They had Newman and Holroyd scrapping in the tunnel last night apparently, so all doesn’t seem well.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:33 pm We need to be in Good Friday mode in that cup game. If we are, we win the game but anything less and we could get ourselves in bother. They’re a weird team! Some weeks they look embarrassing and others, they look a cracking side. Th The pair, who are both a part of Shaun Wane's England squad, were among Leeds' better performers on a frustrating night. Newman was the Rhinos' top metre maker after carrying for 145 metres while he also produced five offloads. Meanwhile, Holroyd had made an impact after being introduced to the bench, with Leeds starting to gain the ascendency after his arrival. He ended the game with 27 tackles. Both made one error.

Rugby League Live approached Leeds Rhinos for comment Saturday lunchtime but have yet to respond. They had Newman and Holroyd scrapping in the tunnel last night apparently, so all doesn’t seem well.
Yes, I put it in the General Forum 😊 Let’s hope the dispute carries on for a couple of weeks 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

:)
josie andrews wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:52 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:33 pm We need to be in Good Friday mode in that cup game. If we are, we win the game but anything less and we could get ourselves in bother. They’re a weird team! Some weeks they look embarrassing and others, they look a cracking side. Th The pair, who are both a part of Shaun Wane's England squad, were among Leeds' better performers on a frustrating night. Newman was the Rhinos' top metre maker after carrying for 145 metres while he also produced five offloads. Meanwhile, Holroyd had made an impact after being introduced to the bench, with Leeds starting to gain the ascendency after his arrival. He ended the game with 27 tackles. Both made one error.

Rugby League Live approached Leeds Rhinos for comment Saturday lunchtime but have yet to respond. They had Newman and Holroyd scrapping in the tunnel last night apparently, so all doesn’t seem well.
Yes, I put it in the General Forum 😊 Let’s hope the dispute carries on for a couple of weeks 😂
Bentley will sort them out :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
craigo

Post by craigo »

2 easy Wigan wins. Cup match is more important.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Suzieb wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:55 pm Did the a team game count towards his ban
The reserve game should have counted.