Wigan squad for Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan squad for Hull KR

Post by DaveO »

Does anybody actually coach goalkick in our club? Or do they just leave it up to the players to practice on their own?

Smith can kick goals from the touchline but he’s going through a bad patch with the boot at the moment and so needs some help from the coaching staff.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:05 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:54 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:41 pm

The outside experience isn't true though is it. TL coached with NZ and played for other teams. Matty Peet left Wigan for union.
How many years though?
7 years since Tommy was at another club
Tommy joined the NZ coaching last season under Maguire who has been sacked twice in the NRL
Matty Peat was in Union 1 year
Woah, careful Meds everything wigan has achieved over the last 13 years is apperently Maguires legacy.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hampshure very poor. Peet very poor for letting a Leeds style collapse happen against 12 again. Smiths confidence is shot after missing the goal kicks. The first GP set end was so terrible I don't know what he was even trying to do. Let's take that pressure off him.

IMO it should have been 1 point each, golden point is stupid. If we have to have it let's have one point each and a bonus point for the golden point winner.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:15 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:05 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:54 pm

How many years though?
7 years since Tommy was at another club
Tommy joined the NZ coaching last season under Maguire who has been sacked twice in the NRL
Matty Peat was in Union 1 year
Woah, careful Meds everything wigan has achieved over the last 13 years is apperently Maguires legacy.
It’s under achieved over the last 13 years.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:16 pm
IMO it should have been 1 point each, golden point is stupid. If we have to have it let's have one point each and a bonus point for the golden point winner.
I like that idea. Any two teams who draw an RL game after 80 minutes of what this sport involves deserve to get something out of it.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Excellent entertainment but I could do without this last minute stuff :)

Nsemba, Hill and Mago gave good input from the bench - when we ever learn that refs will bag us everytime we stray....has been so for years.

As can happen after a long lay off, lack of fitness affected Hampshire after getting through the first game on adrenaline. Surprised how quiet our centres were tonight. Need another kicker - Hampshire can kick? - just to give Smith a chance to recover some form.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:20 pm
Mike wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:16 pm
I like that idea. Any two teams who draw an RL game after 80 minutes of what this sport involves deserve to get something out of it.
Very much so with HKR tonight, hope they keep it up and challlenge for the GF.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

We need another Botica Andy Farrel or Pat Richards quickly or it will cost us at the business end of the season
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Yet another great Wigan win I think I’ll check on WWFans to share the positiv……….. :roll:
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Harry needs a kicking coach. Either a NRL Kicker or dare I say a union kicking coach.