Wigan squad for Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
up the junction

Re: Wigan squad for Hull KR

Post by up the junction »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:37 pm Hull KR are schooling us sadly, Hampshire and Smith are having a nightmare sadly.

Ref is giving everything KRs way at the moment though.
Hampshire wasn’t good enough first time around , can’t believe some on here we’re actually calling for him to be selected . Add to this Smiths lack of form and I can’t believe we won. Without French we are as easy to read as a peppy pig book.
endoman

Post by endoman »

He needs a consistent routine before his kick. Like a golfer and putting, same every time. We had Charlie Hodgson years ago as a kicking coach, a Dave Aldred / Bob Rotella type of coach would be ideal as well.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:17 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:15 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:05 pm

7 years since Tommy was at another club
Tommy joined the NZ coaching last season under Maguire who has been sacked twice in the NRL
Matty Peat was in Union 1 year
Woah, careful Meds everything wigan has achieved over the last 13 years is apperently Maguires legacy.
It’s under achieved over the last 13 years.
Surely with your opinion of the coaching staff, IL and KR we have over achieved?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:36 pm Yet another great Wigan win I think I’ll check on WWFans to share the positiv……….. :roll:
My thoughts exactly. I was ecstatic when we won. We were far from perfect and had large spells of being under the cosh but we really pushed, equalised at the end and then rode our luck a little and snatched the win. Absolutely brilliant.

Then I log in on here and its doom and gloom

Ffs this is one of the form teams in the league. We are missing a huge chunk of our forward pack and still missing our (supposedly) choice stand off along with one of the most electrifying runners in the league. It was tough. We really had to dig in deep as they got on a roll and we got nothing from the ref but we stuck to it and got the win. I'm absolutely over the moon despite the missed kicks etc.

Just let yourself enjoy a win
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

2 things worry me

1 - goal kicking which will be the difference on big games - end of story

2 - we seem to capitulate when opposition go down to 12, which means something in our attitude isn’t right

It was an exciting game and a good win but it’s a kid season game against a team who won’t be at the gf - we should be putting games to bed and we aren’t

Also not sure why peet has taken to playing powell for 60mins the bringing o!neill on for the last 20 - done it a few times recently and I don’t see the point. Either play powell 80 or spell them equally
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:20 pm 2 things worry me

2 - we seem to capitulate when opposition go down to 12, which means something in our attitude isn’t right

It was an exciting game and a good win but it’s a kid season game against a team who won’t be at the gf - we should be putting games to bed and we aren’t

Also not sure why peet has taken to playing powell for 60mins the bringing o!neill on for the last 20 - done it a few times recently and I don’t see the point. Either play powell 80 or spell them equally
I’m sorry but HKR aren’t a team you can take for granted. Willie Peters has turned them into a force, they aren’t 3rd for no reason, they look a well drilled team who set a high tempo tonight and I think we did well to get over the line.
Think the lads played their hearts out tonight against a GOOD team. Thought Ellis was really good, think I’d be keeping him next season, he’s looked a lot better recently.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Also French is something special. He can make things happen!!!
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Barney841 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:32 pm

I’m sorry but HKR aren’t a team you can take for granted. Willie Peters has turned them into a force, they aren’t 3rd for no reason, they look a well drilled team who set a high tempo tonight and I think we did well to get over the line.
Think the lads played their hearts out tonight against a GOOD team. Thought Ellis was really good, think I’d be keeping him next season, he’s looked a lot better recently.
Agreed. KR are one of the top teams at the moment and the speed of their play is unbelievable. They get on the front foot with their big guys and then speed up the ptb. Personally I'd love to see us try and land Mikey Lewis. I think he has a lot of attributes to be a top top star in the league. Him and Smith as our half pairing would be very interesting going forwards
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:38 pm
Barney841 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:32 pm

Agreed. KR are one of the top teams at the moment and the speed of their play is unbelievable. They get on the front foot with their big guys and then speed up the ptb. Personally I'd love to see us try and land Mikey Lewis. I think he has a lot of attributes to be a top top star in the league. Him and Smith as our half pairing would be very interesting going forwards
I’ve always liked the look of him.
Also Parcell showed what a proper hooker does. Always said we should of gone for him when he was getting released by Leeds
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:45 pm
DaveO wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:17 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:15 pm

Woah, careful Meds everything wigan has achieved over the last 13 years is apperently Maguires legacy.
It’s under achieved over the last 13 years.
Surely with your opinion of the coaching staff, IL and KR we have over achieved?
No, the club has underachieved. That is all of them. If I had to single out one person as the most inept it would be KR who is out of his depth.