Hooker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Hooker

Post by Suzieb »

A lot on here are calling Powell and ONIEL well for the next game our coaches should try Cust at nine with Forber as interchange we still look clunky at our pivot area
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Hooker

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Nope
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Why not be more constructive
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

It's not going to happen. Is that constructive enough?
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Didn’t go last night but watched on sky and Powell and O’Neill looked to have a good game.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i'm not a Powell knocker, but one thing i picked up last night listening to radio manc is the influence Parcell has on HKR

I dont think i have ever heard commentators say that Powell is controlling / dominating the game, and as a player that probably touches the ball more than any other, they should be able to influence or control a game
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Hookers like Parcell (also Dwyer/Clark etc.) relish playing against Powell. They know at regular intervals he is likely to be caught on the wrong side of the PTB and leave a hole or just lose concentration and they can run right through it. It's been happening for years and it doesn't seem likely to change.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

It’s a known fact that we are missing an attacking threat from the PTB.
Powell doesn’t offer that, never has
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

It’s pointless comparing Parcell and Powell because clearly they’re being asked to do totally different jobs but what I will say is that Parcell is class. Leeds dumping him a couple of years back sums up their recruitment and retention this last few years. He is so much better than anything they’ve had at hooker since then.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I’m a bit concerned O’Neill seems to have taken a step back but I think being brought on at 60-65mins is a bit pointless

Personally I don’t see why we don’t swap them and start o’neill with powell coming on later

O’Neill is clearly the quicker player so to me it makes more sense to have him on when everyone else is fresh the bring your slow player once people are fatigued towards half time and end of game

I remember when we were at what I consider our best under Madge and we would crush teams in the first 20mins of each half then control the latter 20
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure