Shocking Warriors fans v Saints (A)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Shocking Warriors fans v Saints (A)

Post by josie andrews »

Did my head in that last night came home stinking of beer & nearly broke my neck going down the few steps because bottles, cardboard trays & other crap all over the floor. Plus the bloody smoke bombs nearly choked me 🤨

This is a terrible image for our club & it needs stamping out. The club need to liaise with the security team at Saints because the security camera was right in front of all the idiots so they can pick out who they are.

The "security" guys only came to sort out the fracas at the top after a guy complained of an object hitting his very young son! (Why would you take a child around 4/5 years old to one of these type of games & standing in the first place is beyond me! At least take them in the seated area) !!

Oh, but before KO, they, 4/5 stewards manhandled a young teenage boy because he couldn’t produce his ticket, he’d ripped it up & threw him out! How did they think he got in in the first place with the security on the turnstiles?

It’s getting to the point I don’t want to go to away games anymore, the Wigan Warriors away element are ruining games for people who just want to watch & possibly enjoy the game.

We don’t need these sort of supporters.

It will end up like Football banning drink in the stands. Some of these people could hardly have watched 20 minutes of the game for queuing up for drinks. They’re drunk or nearly so when they come into the stadium itself.

Shocking display from a minority of fans last night. Also the team!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PJC

Re: Shocking Warriors fans v Saints (A)

Post by PJC »

It was nowhere near as bad but throwing beer happened at the Leigh away game. The language/chants at times are not what is wanted.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Probably the same type of fans who, as I reported after leaving the cup match at Headingley, were all around the Wigan team bus shouting foul abuse at any fans leaving who were wearing Leeds shirts.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Hold on josie.
I have been taking my granddaughter since she was 5 my son has also been bringing his children from early ages. You should be able to take children of any age to watch a game don't blame the chap for wanting to keep wigan alive bringing in the young generation. Blame the f**c*ng. Brainless morons who spend 4.50 on a drink to laugh and throw over every one and missile throwers kid adults does it make a difference. People still get hurt by thuggish morons Kids are the future of our game and you think we should not be talking them don't be ridiculous.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Needs stamping out. Like those intellectual pygmies "Briganties" a few years back.

More brains in bovine excrement.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:41 am Hold on josie.
I have been taking my granddaughter since she was 5 my son has also been bringing his children from early ages. You should be able to take children of any age to watch a game don't blame the chap for wanting to keep wigan alive bringing in the young generation. Blame the f**c*ng. Brainless morons who spend 4.50 on a drink to laugh and throw over every one and missile throwers kid adults does it make a difference. People still get hurt by thuggish morons Kids are the future of our game and you think we should not be talking them don't be ridiculous.
Hold on Paul!
My dad took me when I was 4 or 5 to my first game, didn’t understand it, but got me going regularly. That was a different era, we didn’t have the idiots that we have now where it truly was a family sport. Even perhaps when you took your grandchildren or your son took his children it wasn’t as bad as it is now.

I wasn’t blaming the guy for taking his small son to a RL game! I was blaming the ‘ f**c*ng. Brainless morons’!

But to be in the middle of those lunatic, brain dead so called fans is asking for trouble especially at a Saints game. ( it’s the same at Castleford) We tried to position ourselves away from them, & moved from where we were originally, but because some of them couldn’t fit at the top of the stand they overspilled to lower down. I also blame the security guys, not the stewards, who were as much use as a wet tissue!

You could see there was going to be bother with them with the amount of alcohol that was being carried up all through the game. We were near the bottom & still got beer all over us & bottles thrown.

But something needs to be done because it will stop parents taking their children.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Karl Carpenter

Post by Karl Carpenter »

Supporting a team in any sport is about enjoying and celebrating the victories and accepting the defeats. As much as it sticks in the throat to be well beaten at St Helens you have to take it. If you can’t, please stay away. If you want to pay around £25 plus drinks and travelling expenses just to cause trouble then that is seriously mind boggling. Please do not spoil the good reputation of our great club.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

This isn’t a new problem though is it,of course the club does bugger all to stamp it out they seem to adopt the “see no evil” approach while we the mainstay of fans who want to go and enjoy the game spoiled by thes “street toughs” or the more common name arseholes,who seem to have money to burn just to throw it away,literally over people just mind boggling yet the club do nothing,and don’t tell me they can’t identify people more cameras around now than any point in history.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It’s been caught on camera & will hopefully be dealt with.
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:41 am Hold on josie.
Correct,insinuating its wrong to take kids to games is ridiculous,they should be safe,unfortunately so many pathetic idiots around that need teaching a esson ,not stopping kids going to games.