Adam keighran

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Adam keighran

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I get the 50 grand marquee bit. But that still doesn't help wire. He is still on mega contract that money won't be any less. And as I have stated Powell doesn't want him king must feel that so won't be keen on going back. Powell will also feel undermined and won't like that.
MadMaxWarrior

Post by MadMaxWarrior »

I can't see warrington taking King back, surely they'd move Williams into the bracket of the homegrown marquee.

Makes no sense for them to take him back because if they think he isn't good enough now, taking him back would prevent them from signing another marquee.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

MadMaxWarrior wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:01 pm I can't see warrington taking King back, surely they'd move Williams into the bracket of the homegrown marquee.

Makes no sense for them to take him back because if they think he isn't good enough now, taking him back would prevent them from signing another marquee.
He’s not good enough for us either.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

That King seemingly got a bumper pay deal says much about Warrington policy in regards to transfers contracts etc,he's ok nothing more
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:00 pm That King seemingly got a bumper pay deal says much about Warrington policy in regards to transfers contracts etc,he's ok nothing more
Maybe thats why he got dropped although he did have a stinker v cats
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

MadMaxWarrior wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:01 pm I can't see warrington taking King back, surely they'd move Williams into the bracket of the homegrown marquee.

Williams cant be homegrown for Wire

the distinction now for the 3 marquee is Club Trained is £50k towards the cap (so King could be £50k at Wire but would be £100k at Wigan for example), Federation Trained (£100k) and Non_Federation Trained (£150k)

They could take King back on his current salary, and if he isnt included in the marquee, its a big chunk of the cap gone. I know that scenario is highly unlikely, unless Wigan are able to call their bluff, and Wire are left with an expensive player they dont want :) :)
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Apparently Catalan have entered the race in signing Brenko Lee. Maybe it points to Keighran signing with us next year. I still hope we are in the mix for Warrington but I think with how woeful Rachford is at centre he’ll be taking his place
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’d just like to keep Toby King. He’s happy here, he loves being here & doesn’t want to go back to Wire.

Anyway, why would you want to go back to your ‘parent’ club where the fans are booing you?

I’ve never booed any player & think it’s a nasty thing to do to anyone.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:46 pm I’d just like to keep Toby King. He’s happy here, he loves being here & doesn’t want to go back to Wire.

Anyway, why would you want to go back to your ‘parent’ club where the fans are booing you?

Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that and Wigan need to be planning for him going
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:46 pm I’d just like to keep Toby King. He’s happy here, he loves being here & doesn’t want to go back to Wire.

yep ide like him to stay he defo adds something different
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE