Cade Cust

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Cade Cust

Post by medlocke »

Fujiman wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:35 pm
pearsy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:37 pm He's got no chance of time at number 9 while Powel there
The same Powell who was dropped for the last match?
Like that's going to happen again
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:42 pm
Fujiman wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:35 pm
pearsy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:37 pm He's got no chance of time at number 9 while Powel there
The same Powell who was dropped for the last match?
Like that's going to happen again
:lol: :lol:

I'm sure if someone said he would get dropped for Saints you would have said no chance
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Powell needs to come in for his leadership more than anything. Team is clearly lacking direction and he’s more of a vocal figure than faz. Still bewildered why he dropped oneil for the magic game. Powell starts and oneil comes on. Sorted
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:12 pm Powell needs to come in for his leadership more than anything. Team is clearly lacking direction and he’s more of a vocal figure than faz. Still bewildered why he dropped oneil for the magic game. Powell starts and oneil comes on. Sorted
Needs to come in for his leadership? Give over. When has he shown any of that? It’s on the same level as his superb pace and accurate and incisive passing, i.e. it’s a myth.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:10 am
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:12 pm Powell needs to come in for his leadership more than anything. Team is clearly lacking direction and he’s more of a vocal figure than faz. Still bewildered why he dropped oneil for the magic game. Powell starts and oneil comes on. Sorted
Needs to come in for his leadership? Give over. When has he shown any of that? It’s on the same level as his superb pace and accurate and incisive passing, i.e. it’s a myth.
He does lead the team round the field & I agree with Dreamteam he is far more vocal on the pitch than Farrell.

You only see what you want to see or make up. Sorry, you just don’t like Powell the player & if he scored the winning try, if he plays on Sunday, you would still find something to moan about his playing!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bertina

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:12 am
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:10 am
He does lead the team round the field & I agree with Dreamteam he is far more vocal on the pitch than Farrell.

You only see what you want to see or make up. Sorry, you just don’t like Powell the player & if he scored the winning try, if he plays on Sunday, you would still find something to moan about his playing!
Come on Josie. Being vocal doesn't make him him any good. And as for leading the team around the field, in my opinion he couldn't lead the dog around the block on a lead.
He tackles, Period. He offers nothing around the PTB, and all the opposition know it.
I have nothing against the lad personally, but as a long standing supporter, I have been baffled for ages as to how a player with his obvious limitations has managed to hold down the hooking role in our first team.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

We dont have anymore direction when Powell is on the field than we do when he is off it

I feel like Peet is trying to find a 6-7-9 combo he can trust and has yet to do it and it was encouraging to see in the last game Powells undroppable status was questioned. Issue i have is that O'Neill cant seem to kick on and im not sure he is the answer and Cust doesnt look like he trusts his own body to me hence the mummy wrap.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Give forber a chance
culinator

Post by culinator »

In the last game, i thought at least at the beginning his distribution from dummy half was noticeable quick, not saying it was always the correct pass, but they did seem much faster and accurate.
Is it worth a risk though im not so sure, needs more game time to judge.

My own Opinion
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

Leadership are you serious? When has he led by example which is what a leader does.?