Cade Cust

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Cade Cust

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:12 am
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:10 am
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:12 pm Powell needs to come in for his leadership more than anything. Team is clearly lacking direction and he’s more of a vocal figure than faz. Still bewildered why he dropped oneil for the magic game. Powell starts and oneil comes on. Sorted
Needs to come in for his leadership? Give over. When has he shown any of that? It’s on the same level as his superb pace and accurate and incisive passing, i.e. it’s a myth.
He does lead the team round the field & I agree with Dreamteam he is far more vocal on the pitch than Farrell.

You only see what you want to see or make up. Sorry, you just don’t like Powell the player & if he scored the winning try, if he plays on Sunday, you would still find something to moan about his playing!
To be fair josie I'm more vocal on pitch than faz 😁😁
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

blindsideprop wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:37 am
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:12 pm Powell needs to come in for his leadership more than anything. Team is clearly lacking direction and he’s more of a vocal figure than faz. Still bewildered why he dropped oneil for the magic game. Powell starts and oneil comes on. Sorted

Leadership are you serious? When has he led by example which is what a leader does.?
he talks to the players more than Sol did or Liam does. Please elucidate " " lead by example " I'd be interested to know what you expect him to do! You could putRoby in our team to no avail
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

culinator wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:51 am In the last game, i thought at least at the beginning his distribution from dummy half was noticeable quick, not saying it was always the correct pass, but they did seem much faster and accurate.
Is it worth a risk though im not so sure, needs more game time to judge.

My own Opinion
I agree and i think our exit set as a result were stronger - our forwards were hitting the ball at the line more

However neither O'Neill or Cust "shone" and at the moment id have to say at wigan (that bits important) that i couldnt hand on heart say Cust in particular displaces him in the 17.

For me if Cust is to make it at 9 he has to offer something different than passing from the ground, he's the smallest (visually) of the 3 and given that he's played a lot in the halves id want to see more variation from him at the ruck. Cust at the moment doesnt make my 17

I see it like this in terms of rankings based on what i have seen this season

Hookers

1. O'Neill
2. Powell
3. Cust

Half Backs

1. Smith
2. French/Field (both offer same)
3. Hampshire
4. Cust
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:54 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:12 am
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:10 am

Needs to come in for his leadership? Give over. When has he shown any of that? It’s on the same level as his superb pace and accurate and incisive passing, i.e. it’s a myth.
He does lead the team round the field & I agree with Dreamteam he is far more vocal on the pitch than Farrell.

You only see what you want to see or make up. Sorry, you just don’t like Powell the player & if he scored the winning try, if he plays on Sunday, you would still find something to moan about his playing!
To be fair josie I'm more vocal on pitch than faz 😁😁
Me too 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
culinator

Post by culinator »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:12 pm
culinator wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:51 am In the last game, i thought at least at the beginning his distribution from dummy half was noticeable quick, not saying it was always the correct pass, but they did seem much faster and accurate.
Is it worth a risk though im not so sure, needs more game time to judge.

My own Opinion
I agree and i think our exit set as a result were stronger - our forwards were hitting the ball at the line more

However neither O'Neill or Cust "shone" and at the moment id have to say at wigan (that bits important) that i couldnt hand on heart say Cust in particular displaces him in the 17.

For me if Cust is to make it at 9 he has to offer something different than passing from the ground, he's the smallest (visually) of the 3 and given that he's played a lot in the halves id want to see more variation from him at the ruck. Cust at the moment doesnt make my 17

I see it like this in terms of rankings based on what i have seen this season

Hookers

1. O'Neill
2. Powell
3. Cust

Half Backs

1. Smith
2. French/Field (both offer same)
3. Hampshire
4. Cust

I think thats a fair assessment, i think its safe to say there are multiple small issues in different areas that all build up to a larger issue, fixing one small issue doesnt suddenly make us any better.
Thats my thinking anyway
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

If cust plays I feel that it should be at 6 with Powell restored to 9 and french on the wing the only change I would make is forber to the bench and Mago out
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:07 pm If cust plays I feel that it should be at 6 with Powell restored to 9 and french on the wing the only change I would make is forber to the bench and Mago out
French on the wing is a waste IMO

At the moment like i say i dont feel Cust has done enough to be in the 17 at all - and thats no disrespect to him i feel there is a good player in there but i believe he doesnt trust his own body and he takes the field in almost comedy amounts of wrapping and that can only mean 1 of 2 things

1) His body IS that broken, in which case has no future at top level
2) He needs it to help his confidence - but IMO he needs less as there is no way he can have a good range of movement with that amount of strapping
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:45 pm
Suzieb wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:07 pm If cust plays I feel that it should be at 6 with Powell restored to 9 and french on the wing the only change I would make is forber to the bench and Mago out

At the moment like i say i dont feel Cust has done enough to be in the 17 at all - and thats no disrespect to him i feel there is a good player in there but i believe he doesnt trust his own body and he takes the field in almost comedy amounts of wrapping and that can only mean 1 of 2 things

2) He needs it to help his confidence - but IMO he needs less as there is no way he can have a good range of movement with that amount of strapping
Cust should be playing in the reserves.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:45 pm

I actually agree with French on the wing. Miski is being targeted a lot at the moment and he will still offer a threat out wide plus his defence is really good - puts more balance to the back line and with Field at full back we still have that threat too. Get Cust or rocky in the halves and leave ONeill and Powell at 9!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Pity its not cust of last season as i think we would have had a much better spine.I think the only solution this season is pick the stand off to suite the opposition.Field to stand off was a masterstroke versus leigh but he must know the position is not for him( or french) permanant.We need french on the wing and field fullback for me(speed is better than effort on the wing).No offence to abbas but hes only second fiddle to our superstar.All that said everyone is right about our forwards and needs sorting ( one way or the other) until the halves will shine
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE