DW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: DW

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:09 pm I’ve asked & I still can’t use confetti 🎉 as the stadium company complained about it 🤨
Can I complain about it as it always ends up covering me when there is even the remote breeze.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its about time we had a person with both clubs important to the town to support & may i personally thank Mr Danson for providing stability to the clubs. Its time we all supported both Wigan clubs and stop the sniping its childish .
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:47 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:09 pm I’ve asked & I still can’t use confetti 🎉 as the stadium company complained about it 🤨
Can I complain about it as it always ends up covering me when there is even the remote breeze.
Yes if you like. Do you want a phone number?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

ddtftf wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:10 pm Its about time we had a person with both clubs important to the town to support & may i personally thank Mr Danson for providing stability to the clubs. Its time we all supported both Wigan clubs and stop the sniping its childish .
Totally agree. I've never been a true "fan" of the Latics, but I always wish them the best and hope they do well.
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

What was the starting point that created this rift between the two clubs? it comes across strongly from the football side but an explanation of why is never formed. i doubt i could become a football fan, unless football is perhaps actually played rather than what occurs, however this doesn't mean that my support for sporting wigan cannot be expanded
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

I am trying to understand what there is to complain about regarding confetti, seems strange
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Raging Penguin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:21 pm What was the starting point that created this rift between the two clubs? it comes across strongly from the football side but an explanation of why is never formed. i doubt i could become a football fan, unless football is perhaps actually played rather than what occurs, however this doesn't mean that my support for sporting wigan cannot be expanded
Apparently we tried to kill them in the 90s or something. Perhaps by being too good and having too many fans or not giving them some money? I'm not sure what else it could have been. They had the three amigos then though so that was pretty fun.

I'm no Latics super fan mind. Frankly there are enough towns where association football is the only game considered, I'm not bothered if wigan mainly supports a different code. If it didn't
and noone else did either the whole country would be a monoculture. Variety is healthy, and being in the minority sometimes is healthy too IMO. The Latics fans seems to be unhappy in that situation and sometimes take it out on others.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

i think it is in agreement when i state the animosity comes across as "little man syndrome" if not , then i misunderstood, however i would have thought that when i ask these individuals why they dislike the rugby and the most coherent reply is "just because" it is startling.

Hopefully this rift can be eroded though, as it doesn't seem to serve anything positive, or healthy with such a process
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Raging Penguin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:45 pm I am trying to understand what there is to complain about regarding confetti, seems strange
I used to cut up red & white or blue & white, depending on the colour of away shirts, crepe paper for every game, home & away & give it out to kids & adults near me. Also I would blow up the long balloons & give those out as well & just let them go flying all over the place. When my hands became so bad I couldn’t use scissors I stopped.

I was asked why by a Warriors management person why I’d stopped doing it. Told them about my hands & said they were sorry about that as it created a bit of fun etc.

I then found a company that made ready made confetti bombs. So I started to buy them. (I’d have to cut the seals where you turned them, cos of my hands being so bad) or ask the guy in front to break the seal by twisting it.

Then at the start of this season, after a few home games, I was told I had to stop as the stadium management said it was a health & safety risk! But it was in fact the cleaners, I was told, who complained it was hard to clean up!

So I’ve stopped again. 😏
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Health and safety?

My arse as the old English saying goes