Wigan vs Wire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Wigan vs Wire

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:43 pm I'll be the first to burst the bubble, Good game great defence but it was a one of knock out game, don't expect to see the same in coming SL games, this win has done nothing more than paper over the cracks, big improvements need making to the squad for us to be a dominant force to be reckoned with again
Go and ask a few Warrington fans whether or not we are a dominant force to be reckoned with, or whether or not this win is just papering over the cracks.
It was a stupendous, monumental win which examplified everything this club is about.
Not too sure what the Wigan Way is but if there is a way, this win was the Wigan one.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:26 am
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:06 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:24 pm

Oh don't Josie. If you read my babbling post surely you agree that some of the points raised are still valid concerns despite the better effort
Yes, some of your points are very valid, but, let’s do all that tomorrow. So their is a time limit on when we can reflect in a calculated way on whats happened in the game?

I’m elated that we won that game & amazed considering how we have played our last two games & then to have Ellis sent off & to then come on here, not just you, but others also, why wouldn’t you all want to bask in the moment, in that win, which was amazing IMO. nobody is stopping you enjoying the momebt. Im sure everyone on here (bar one or two are very happy that we beat a rival team in a knockout game and especially given the circumstances of the sending off and recent form

I go to every home & away games,yes you may have mentioned that once or twice & sometimes come away deflated that we haven’t played well. Today I want to enjoy that win. again, nothing stopping you from enjoying it because some people on the internet forum want to talk about the game?

I even had neighbours shouting through my kitchen window at me around 8.30 ish. They’d been to the game & then gone to the local just down the road to celebrate, & were still so happy & pleased with the win it just makes you feel great 😊 especially with the way we won it.

I just want to enjoy it 😊
As said, I'm sure most on here (not counting Suzieb and her husband/dog/whoever else uses her account) are just as happy with the win. No one is stopping you from enjoying it. Maybe if people giving the odd negative thought along with the praises affects you that much, you should consider not using a forum where people will discuss such topics until you're in a mental state to read peoples opinions. And don't take that in a bad way because I don't mean it to come across like that, but surely you can understand why people may just want to go into the good and bad of our game after watching?
Isn't the point basically do you have to be so miserable after winning a match with 12 men for 73 minutes and advancing to the next round of the challenge cup.

It's not just the odd negative comment either (not aimed at you) there is a constant stream of negative posts looking for any reason to put down the club.

While I agree you can't stop people having an opinion and posting I do wonder why some people actually bother supporting the club (again not aimed at you just a general observation of some posts) with the constant down playing.

We have apperently been papering over cracks since McGuire left. There must be that much paper used now that the wall long ago fell down and its just layers of paper.
Last edited by Caboosegg on Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:24 am
medlocke wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:43 pm I'll be the first to burst the bubble, Good game great defence but it was a one of knock out game, don't expect to see the same in coming SL games, this win has done nothing more than paper over the cracks, big improvements need making to the squad for us to be a dominant force to be reckoned with again
Go and ask a few Warrington fans whether or not we are a dominant force to be reckoned with, or whether or not this win is just papering over the cracks.
It was a stupendous, monumental win which examplified everything this club is about.
Not too sure what the Wigan Way is but if there is a way, this win was the Wigan one.
After watching the game last night Kevin Brown did mention it was the ‘Wigan Way’ that won that game 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:43 am
Isn't the point basically do you have to be so miserable after winning a match with 12 men for 73 minutes and advancing to the next round of the quater finals.

It's not just the odd negative comment either (not aimed at you) there is a constant stream of negative posts looking for any reason to put down the club.

While I agree you can't stop people having an opinion and posting I do wonder why some people actually bother supporting the club (again not aimed at you just a general observation of some posts) with the constant down playing.

We have apperently been papering over cracks since McGuire left. There must be that much paper used now that the wall long ago fell down and its just layers of paper.
That paper wall would definitely have gone to mush after the downpour yesterday 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
culinator

Post by culinator »

All in all i thought it was a decent win under difficult circumstances.
Really went in thinking there was no chance after last week but pleasantly surprised.

This thing about negative comments, for myself if i make a comment thats deemed negative, its just because i want the team to do well, can see a potential issue, im sure most are the same, they want to get even better.
Lets be honest if everyone was happy about everything all the time, there wouldnt be much point in the forum, difference of opinion is a healthy thing.

All in my own opinion
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

culinator wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:18 am All in all i thought it was a decent win under difficult circumstances.
Really went in thinking there was no chance after last week but pleasantly surprised.

This thing about negative comments, for myself if i make a comment thats deemed negative, its just because i want the team to do well, can see a potential issue, im sure most are the same, they want to get even better.
Lets be honest if everyone was happy about everything all the time, there wouldnt be much point in the forum, difference of opinion is a healthy thing.

All in my own opinion
you wiill probably find most posters accept and respect a difference of opinion. The big issue, is that some posters are only ever negative, but also dont come up with anything to back up that negativity, other than that is their opinion. I will criticise the club / player(s) where i think it is justified, but also will try to add a suggestion as to why or how it could improve i.e. i mentioned out injuries during the last week (seemingly constant over the last few years v Saints for example), so are the club proactively looking at how they can reduce the number of injuries, especially if they are repetitive in nature

one thing i have noticed is that some of the posters havent posted since the game yesterday. i wonder if its too much for them to praise the team for their efforts yesterday :)
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Some of you still have to use my name after such a good victory very sad and discriminatory
Soul Kitchen

Post by Soul Kitchen »

Bet the win ruined your weekend?
Great for all those that turned up though.
Soul Kitchen

Post by Soul Kitchen »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:25 pm And we still have to have a moan! Unbelievable afterthat win 🤨
Wigan fans, and I say fans as opposed to supporters, are the worst I've come across on all team sporting events.
There's one thing about Latics supporters in that they get behind their team, the rugby lot seem to have an expectation that borders on arrogance at times.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Been at the Isle.of wight festival all weekend the game on the bbc as usual?