Goalkicking wins games!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Goalkicking wins games!

Post by josie andrews »

EagleEyePie wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:46 am I'm fairly certain Shorrocks kicked a few goals while in the academy. Never first choice but filled in. I can't be sure though now that Bilko's website with all the historic academy results and lineups has gone. What a great resource that was.

Although it might have been that Shorrocks was there to provide a bit of competition or to fetch the kicks and make sure his mate wasn't training by himself. I think Jack Phillips is Head of Analysis, so there might have been some video review. Whatever they've been doing appeared to have paid off as he seemed a bit more patient in his approach and was striking the ball well.
Bilko’s page was always a way I checked back on facts too.

Yes, Jack Phillips is Head of Analysis & came from Warrington to us. And I agree he would have used videos etc to help Harry 😊 Much better performance from Harry & Joe helping out is just the type of guy you need to help always encouraging you. Cracking lad 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Harry’s going to be a goal kicker for years to come, he can kick a goal just needs confidence.

His percentage is far better at home than away.

It would be good if we invested in getting Charlie Hodgson back for a couple of days. Sam Tomkins kicking improved a lot after he spend some time with him.

Harry’s in game performance a lot better when the pack could lay a decent platform.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

I agree I think there's a top kicker in there somewhere he just needs to learn to deal with the pressure, that will come with experience.