Wigan squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Wigan squad for Salford

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:56 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:38 pm
LancashireRed wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:08 pm No excuse for the Pie Fans not to turn up in numbers, Salford are without Andy Ackers and Brodie Croft for Sunday. Advantage Wigan.
Think it's your own fans you should be preaching too. The one thing us wiganners do is turn up in good numbers every away game.
Ive been loads of salford away games snd cant recall many times when wigan fans have been outnumbered.On another note are we playing in blue or turquoise?
The charity shirt turquoise. But I’m wearing my blue away shirt, I’ve washed & slung the charity shirt to the back of the cupboard!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:53 pm

Think it's your own fans you should be preaching too. The one thing us wiganners do is turn up in good numbers every away game.
Ive been loads of salford away games snd cant recall many times when wigan fans have been outnumbered.On another note are we playing in blue or turquoise?
The charity shirt turquoise. But I’m wearing my blue away shirt, I’ve washed & slung the charity shirt to the back of the cupboard!!
Blue for me too.The grandaughter will have turquoise though, thats why i asked 👍
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:08 pm
Blue for me too.The grandaughter will have turquoise though, thats why i asked 👍
Turqoise is a bad omen for us? The blue is a decent, smart shirt.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:08 pm
Singleton in the squad again after his starring 5 minute cameo last week.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

medlocke wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:16 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:17 pm
LancashireRed wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:08 pm No excuse for the Pie Fans not to turn up in numbers, Salford are without Andy Ackers and Brodie Croft for Sunday. Advantage Wigan.
Life
Cost of living
Work
Family
For once I am in agreement with you, I will also add

Illness/disabilities
Thanks for that Med's There in spirit. We'll win
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

LancashireRed wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:12 pm
Don't worry, it will be a stadium record capacity for Salford on Sunday.
Yes thanks to the Wigan following.
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:54 pm

Seriously, you've sold around 2,000 tickets which is great - we took 850 to KR last week a different trip of course. Salford have worked really hard to increase the footfall for this one. Looking at 8k plus all being well. Anyhow I hope Wigan fans get their early and enjoy the Armed Forces Day. Salford have put on extra toilets too so their must be loads attending, Although our grounds decent its not Wakey or Cas. Glad to see planning in advance by the club.

I hope you play Cust at 6 :roll: BTW
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

LancashireRed wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:30 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:54 pm

Seriously, you've sold around 2,000 tickets which is great - we took 850 to KR last week a different trip of course. Salford have worked really hard to increase the footfall for this one. Looking at 8k plus all being well. Anyhow I hope Wigan fans get their early and enjoy the Armed Forces Day. Salford have put on extra toilets too so their must be loads attending, Although our grounds decent its not Wakey or Cas. Glad to see planning in advance by the club.

I hope you play Cust at 6 :roll: BTW
Great you’re working hard to improve attendances. This is something every super league club should be doing, including Wigan.

Hope some of the extra fans stick around
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

As of last night Wigan had sold 950 tickets of the 1,000 provided to the Warriors for Sunday. That is official and from Salford, a massive thank you to the Wigan fans who have purchased tickets in advance - its our best away sales of the season. I hope more Wigan fans travel as this is a massive game in terms of top 4. Right now there are around 6,500 tickets sold, then the sales from today and the walk ups tomorrow. 5,000 Salford fans singing tomorrow will be fantastic.

Tomorrow will be incredible its Armed Forces Family Fun Day, there is free travel and the match, hope to see you all there...................
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

1000 probably a fair reflection of how we’re playing atm. Should be a lot more