Adam keighran

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
widdenoldboy

Re: Adam keighran

Post by widdenoldboy »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:47 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:46 pm I’d just like to keep Toby King. He’s happy here, he loves being here & doesn’t want to go back to Wire.

Anyway, why would you want to go back to your ‘parent’ club where the fans are booing you?

I’ve never booed any player & think it’s a nasty thing to do to anyone.
yep ide like him to stay he defo adds something different
Agreed, scored, created a try for Miski with a great piece of centre play, tackled well and shut down Williams a couple of times- probably his best game for us. Needs more consistency...hopefully this is the start of that.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I still think that wire are trying to force our hand here. There's no rush, he wants to stay so won't be looking elsewhere. Let's call their bluff but be prepared in case they do decide to take him back.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:46 pm I’d just like to keep Toby King. He’s happy here, he loves being here & doesn’t want to go back to Wire.

Anyway, why would you want to go back to your ‘parent’ club where the fans are booing you?

I’ve never booed any player & think it’s a nasty thing to do to anyone.
A lot of the booing of a player is generally pantomine booing and no doubt if he went back to Wire they would not still boo him, but it was interesting reading his comments in an interview where he said he didnt know if to be offended that Warrington hadn't prevented him playing against them, certainly seems as though they don't rate him and thought he wouldnt casue them any problems.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I like him 😊 Mind you I liked him when he was at Wire 😳
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Seems to blow a bit hot and cold but certainly a good player in there. I think if we were to sort his future out, maybe without those sort of concerns in the back of his mind, he would find some consistency
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:45 pm Seems to blow a bit hot and cold but certainly a good player in there. I think if we were to sort his future out, maybe without those sort of concerns in the back of his mind, he would find some consistency
He’ll be going back to Wire. Powell will be gone soon and they bring someone new in. I’ll imagine he’ll go back and return to the player he was. They seem to have a knack for making players crap
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

If they make him go back, when it’s clear they’ve not wanted him, first game he plays, be it Pre season friendly/league or cup, he should just set his stall out early doors, first touch, run back to his own tryline and volley ball out into stands

Listened to a decent podcast where a footballer did that he was either league 1 or championship, club soon agreed his release after he was trying to score against his own keeper 🤣
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

shawxshark wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:42 am If they make him go back, when it’s clear they’ve not wanted him, first game he plays, be it Pre season friendly/league or cup, he should just set his stall out early doors, first touch, run back to his own tryline and volley ball out into stands
I wouldn't want to see any player do that to any team. Very unprofessional. Why would any team want to sign someone who has done that?
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I’d like to keep King but not at all costs. He’s done well more often than not but has had some average games as well. Karl Fitzpatrick will be seeing it as a game, where he wants to get one over on Wigan, so we just need to stay calm and bide our time. I honestly don’t think they want him but stories saying they do aren’t surprising. No way would he rather be at Wire and I get the feeling the fans giving him stick surprised him and hurt him a bit. It’ll be a strange feeling if he has to go back but he’ll have the last laugh with the big wages he’s on.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If King doesn't want to play for Wire again all he has to do is tell them that.
"I don't want to play for you again as I'm not interested in Warrington."
Fitz will then have to sort out that mess. He will have to tell Powell that King isn't interested and doesn't want to play for him or Warrington again.

If they insist, then King returns and just trains half arsed. No way will he then get selected. So Fitz then has to get a player on a massive wedge who won't be playing off their salary cap.
There's no future in that for Wire.