Kruise Leeming joins Wigan from 2024

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Kruise Leeming joins Wigan from 2024

Post by Charriots Offiah »

From my point of view, the jury's out. I have seen the lad play well whilst at times he has been average. However, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Good luck to him.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:46 am From my point of view, the jury's out. I have seen the lad play well whilst at times he has been average. However, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Good luck to him.
Leeming you mean?

I agree I think he will.delight and annoy in equal measure he's no Roby but an advancement on Powell I think
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:29 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:46 am From my point of view, the jury's out. I have seen the lad play well whilst at times he has been average. However, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Good luck to him.
Leeming you mean?

I agree I think he will.delight and annoy in equal measure he's no Roby but an advancement on Powell I think
there are no Robys this side of the pond anymore really he was a generational talent and the bar against what most hookers will be judged.

I think your last point is the most pertinent - he is an improvement and not only an improvement he also provides difference. Leeming can be inconsistent but he can be a game winner, i think in the right environment he will shine.

I can only think of Andy Ackers who would of been higher up my wish list (in terms of achievable signings) He's a good age at 27 should be coming into his absolute prime over the 4 year so strengthening in a key position with an upgrade should always be celebrated
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Too soon to say he's an improvement. He's not played a game for us yet. Let the lad settle in before making any judgments shall we?
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Christmas has come early this year
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What chance has any player got when people are moaning before they’ve even put a shirt on! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:16 pm I wonder if DaveO has seen the news.
I obviously have (now). Not sure Caboosegg has.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:52 pm What chance has any player got when people are moaning before they’ve even put a shirt on! 🤨
Whose moaning?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:24 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:52 pm What chance has any player got when people are moaning before they’ve even put a shirt on! 🤨
Whose moaning?
Did I mention you?

Read further back at some comments.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Have to wonder if they have found something career ending during Powell's op?

Hopefully we manage Forber/O'Neil and have Hooker sorted for many years.