New signings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: New signings

Post by Mike »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:21 pm
EagleEyePie wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:54 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:53 pm I’m beginning to wonder if SuzieB actually exists
With some of the characters and things people come out with on this forum it wouldn't surprise me if only one of us exists and everything else is in their overactive imagination. I've no idea which one of us is real though.
Love it! And it's not me btw.
We'll i started the site so I *must* be real. Mustn't I? Now I'm starting to wonder... :shock:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

:)
DaveO wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:36 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:21 pm I like Walters and Leeming, and can see both of them strengthen/plug conspicuous gaps. I have no opinion on Chan.

Unless I am mistaken, we still have 2 unused marquee spots, with only Bevan on a huge contract this year. If so, and given Danson’s increasing interest in things Wigan, I wonder whether we might see some more interesting activity before we are through (given that I assume all we have seen so far is Leeming for Powell, Walters for KPP, and Chan for Singleton)…
The press a release from Wigan announces Walters signing as a prop forward so how is he a replacement for KPP?

Both Walters and Chan are young for props so makes me wonder if Wigan will look for Cooper to make a full recovery and carry on and possibly even also keep Mago to add some experience to the front row???

What about the back row? Isa must surely be on his last season, Faz though playing well isn’t getting any younger and with KPP gone as well as the fact we already lost Bateman is this where we might see some more transfer activity?

Also what’s the deal with King? Will we also need another centre?
I for one think we need to keep Cooper and Isa for another year if fit. Yes, it's looking like we have the best crop of young forwards in the league, but we need 2 or 3 older heads in the mix. Cooper, Faz and Isa fit the bill perfectly for me.

[Cue a lengthy point-by-point rebuttal by DaveO.]
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'd like nsemba to get as much game time as possible to address the 2nd row aging process. Without first team minutes I think he'll just be one year older next year, not one year better. He needa to make mistakes and learn from them to improve, let's give him the opportunity, reserves and championship won't do it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:53 pm I’m beginning to wonder if SuzieB actually exists
With some of the characters and things people come out with on this forum it wouldn't surprise me if only one of us exists and everything else is in their overactive imagination. I've no idea which one of us is real though.
😂😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:22 pm I'd like nsemba to get as much game time as possible to address the 2nd row aging process. Without first team minutes I think he'll just be one year older next year, not one year better. He needa to make mistakes and learn from them to improve, let's give him the opportunity, reserves and championship won't do it.
Junior has just scored 2 try’s for the Reserves here at Salford 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Excited about new signings, just worried about our prop forwards being too young.

If Walters is signed to play prop then our inexperience worries me.

If he’s second row then it opens the door the another prop signing.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:45 pm

😂😂😂
Could it be we are all a figment of Turfs imagination :shock:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:21 pm Excited about new signings, just worried about our prop forwards being too young.

If Walters is signed to play prop then our inexperience worries me.

If he’s second row then it opens the door the another prop signing.
Mago and Singleton are not young but they offer less than these new lads bring to the table. However, I would like another experienced prop .
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:24 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:45 pm

😂😂😂
Could it be we are all a figment of Turfs imagination :shock:
Bloody hell Turf! That’s a proper blast from the past 😂😂
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:50 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:22 pm I'd like nsemba to get as much game time as possible to address the 2nd row aging process. Without first team minutes I think he'll just be one year older next year, not one year better. He needa to make mistakes and learn from them to improve, let's give him the opportunity, reserves and championship won't do it.
Junior has just scored 2 try’s for the Reserves here at Salford 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️
I've literally just made a new thread about him.

I don't get why he isn't getting game time at the moment. Especially with KPP and Isa out he was brilliant at Leeds and as Mike says, he needs to make the mistakes and learn etc. I still think having him on the bench instead of Singleton or Mago (or Cust seeing as he does very few minutes) would actually be an advantage to the team anyway