Tonight's game v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pearsy

Re: Tonight's game v Wakefield

Post by pearsy »

We need a kicker in any position
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Looks like lack of intensity and under estimating the opposition again.
Just when you think we've turned a corner, we fail again, not good enough.
If Hazard is out injured again, we are up s**t creak again.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Seems to be a pattern. We have 2 or 3 decent performances, show fantastic commitment and team spirit at times. Then we start to believe our own publicity and go out expecting to razzle dazzle from the off without doing the hard graft.

Blaming goal kicks is simplistic and misses the point. Why did we concede 26 points in 80 minutes? Not due to mised kicks.
Last edited by morley pie eater on Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Not good enough that. The difference (other than a stupid last second penalty) was a 100% goal kicking performance vs 60% but we shouldn’t be losing that having got ahead so often.

Also, deciding to run rather than kick the penalty we got in the last few minutes with the benefit of hindsight looks a bit of a bad call
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm I’m trying to weigh up what is worse . The fact we lost tonight or the intolerable moaning from the constant glass half empty fans that cannot wait to post here as soon as we lose a game.

No team wins every match we all knew it would be a tough game , we lost a player early and we have a much bigger job to do in 2 weeks .

Silly post. And you're happy that we lose to bottom of league club, when conditions are perfect for our game. Simply not acceptable!

Lets the overreactions begin ……….
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Whoever gave that pen away in the last minute should be ashamed of themselves as professional sportsmen. Not good enough though, losing against theses men is embarrassing. I’m not convinced with the French/field positions either. Should be embarrassed of themselves after that showing, I’m burning my Wigan tops as we speak. Peets got some problems to fix
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Bob the Builder wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm I'll say it again, and again, and again (and I hope the Wigan club listen) missed goalkicks lose games!!!!
How many?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

What’s your solution?
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

Bob the Builder wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:38 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm I’m trying to weigh up what is worse . The fact we lost tonight or the intolerable moaning from the constant glass half empty fans that cannot wait to post here as soon as we lose a game.

No team wins every match we all knew it would be a tough game , we lost a player early and we have a much bigger job to do in 2 weeks .

Silly post. And you're happy that we lose to bottom of league club, when conditions are perfect for our game. Simply not acceptable!

Lets the overreactions begin ……….
Silly post. And you're happy that we lose to bottom of league club, when conditions are perfect for our game. Simply not acceptable
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Bob the Builder wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm I'll say it again, and again, and again (and I hope the Wigan club listen) missed goalkicks lose games!!!!
What’s your solution?