Tonight's game v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bob the Builder

Re: Tonight's game v Wakefield

Post by Bob the Builder »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:41 pm
Bob the Builder wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm I'll say it again, and again, and again (and I hope the Wigan club listen) missed goalkicks lose games!!!!
What’s your solution?
Professional coaching from a proven and competent goalkicker would be a start.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm I’m trying to weigh up what is worse . The fact we lost tonight or the intolerable moaning from the constant glass half empty fans that cannot wait to post here as soon as we lose a game.

No team wins every match we all knew it would be a tough game , we lost a player early and we have a much bigger job to do in 2 weeks .

Lets the overreactions begin ……….
I went tonight and spent near on 60 quid. Lost to possibly the worst super league team we’ve seen. Easy for you to say in your armchair at home isn’t it ?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm I’m trying to weigh up what is worse . The fact we lost tonight or the intolerable moaning from the constant glass half empty fans that cannot wait to post here as soon as we lose a game.

No team wins every match we all knew it would be a tough game , we lost a player early and we have a much bigger job to do in 2 weeks .

Lets the overreactions begin ……….
Never saw the game so won't moan on
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Losing against a terrible team we both halves injured dont sound good
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I would bank on us beating wire or saint helens with an under strength team before I’d bank on is beating wakey at home

Something about that fixture brings out the worst in our team
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Game was lost as soon as Havard went off after 6 minutes. Without Havard and Ellis our front row is weak. Every team would suffer to some extent with their best two props missing, but few teams in the top half of the table see such a drop off from their two best props to their next best. Byrne, Singleton and Mago are nowhere near good enough and we've known it for a couple of years. We've seen the evidence from the games both have been missing already this year. Hill has been our 3rd best prop and he wasn't even playing.

Whitbread, Fifita and Atoni are stronger than the middles we had, so they were always going to cause us massive problems.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:46 pm I would bank on us beating wire or saint helens with an under strength team before I’d bank on is beating wakey at home

Something about that fixture brings out the worst in our team
It's almost a banker now wakey will beat Wigan at their place really would love to know why
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

pearsy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm We need a kicker in any position
Looking at the scores Smith missed 1 kick out of 5 tries that's 80% kicking.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:53 pm
pearsy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm We need a kicker in any position
Looking at the scores Smith missed 1 kick out of 5 tries that's 80% kicking.
And the one he missed would have won the game no?
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

No debate get a number 6 and a goal kicker he missed two I think , that said needing either tonight is plain embarrassing . Total crap
Last edited by WIGIAN on Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.