Tonight's game v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Tonight's game v Wakefield

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:45 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm I’m trying to weigh up what is worse . The fact we lost tonight or the intolerable moaning from the constant glass half empty fans that cannot wait to post here as soon as we lose a game.

No team wins every match we all knew it would be a tough game , we lost a player early and we have a much bigger job to do in 2 weeks .

Lets the overreactions begin ……….
I went tonight and spent near on 60 quid. Lost to possibly the worst super league team we’ve seen. Easy for you to say in your armchair at home isn’t it ?
Yes so did we & shoved off the m62 stuck on saddleworth moors trying to get home cars broke down all over place What a fecking end to a crap night. Don’t think this road has had so many vehicles on it in one go 😂 stop start stop start!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:21 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:45 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm I’m trying to weigh up what is worse . The fact we lost tonight or the intolerable moaning from the constant glass half empty fans that cannot wait to post here as soon as we lose a game.

No team wins every match we all knew it would be a tough game , we lost a player early and we have a much bigger job to do in 2 weeks .

Lets the overreactions begin ……….
I went tonight and spent near on 60 quid. Lost to possibly the worst super league team we’ve seen. Easy for you to say in your armchair at home isn’t it ?
Yes so did we & shoved off the m62 stuck on saddleworth moors trying to get home cars broke down all over place What a fecking end to a crap night. Don’t think this road has had so many vehicles on it in one go 😂 stop start stop start!
🤣🤣🤣. I struggle to recall an enjoyable night away in Yorkshire josie. I think I’ve seen 2 wins in my last 10 games there. Even if we do win somehow the journey back is grim. Looking forward to a few home games now 🤣🤣
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:47 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:36 pm Listened to Milko and both of them seemed so frustrated by the team's indiscipline. The hit on the kicker seemed a really bad piece of play.

Week in and week out everyone says Bevan at 6 isn't working but no on e seems to know the answer. Perhaps start the game with Bevan at 6 then 2nd half we put Bevan at 1 with Jai at 6. If we trained to do that then we'd be able to see if it produces results. It would also give the opposition something they wouldn't expect.

To win a trophy we have to improve and by some degree. To do that we need to bring about change to the squad and perhaps moving Bevan and Jai could produce the changes required to get the improvement we need.
It’s Cust at 6. French back on the wing. Cust is the only player who can play 6 and he was fine when we won the cup.

Peet needs to stop trying to fit form players in the team out of position.

That means Miski is dropped not because he’s playing badly but because we can’t have a player at 6 in French who isn’t a 6 just so Miski gets a game.
Cust is never a six as long as I have got a hole in my Harris. Non Pace, no vision and his defence is suspect. All good reason ls why he is not in the team and won’t be at Wigan next season. A poor signing in my view. Defence was soft tonight hence the reason we lost.
Charriots Offiah

Bob the Builder wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:44 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:41 pm
Bob the Builder wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 pm I'll say it again, and again, and again (and I hope the Wigan club listen) missed goalkicks lose games!!!!
What’s your solution?
Professional coaching from a proven and competent goalkicker would be a start.
Who should we sign?
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... highlights

Here for those who haven't seen the game.
Charriots Offiah

DaiJones wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:37 pm Not good enough that. The difference (other than a stupid last second penalty) was a 100% goal kicking performance vs 60% but we shouldn’t be losing that having got ahead so often.

Also, deciding to run rather than kick the penalty we got in the last few minutes with the benefit of hindsight looks a bit of a bad call
Does anyone think that Wakefield should have had a penalty?
Charriots Offiah

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:36 pm Listened to Milko and both of them seemed so frustrated by the team's indiscipline. The hit on the kicker seemed a really bad piece of play.

Week in and week out everyone says Bevan at 6 isn't working but no on e seems to know the answer. Perhaps start the game with Bevan at 6 then 2nd half we put Bevan at 1 with Jai at 6. If we trained to do that then we'd be able to see if it produces results. It would also give the opposition something they wouldn't expect.

To win a trophy we have to improve and by some degree. To do that we need to bring about change to the squad and perhaps moving Bevan and Jai could produce the changes required to get the improvement we need.
What hit on the kicker? Poor decision by the referee in my opinion. Having said that we were poor.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

So cust isnt a 6?Field isnt a 6? Bevan isnt a 6?And Hampshire isnt a 6?Cust was pretty good last season as a 6.Field had 1 good game at Leigh as a 6.Bevan is playing 6 but doesnt seem to be himself at 6.Hampshire was signed as a backup player( mainly as a 6 i reckon).Its obviously the problem position so would releasing cust and hampshire for a proper 6 next sesdon be the obvious solution? I for one dont wanna lose French or Field so its gotta be the way.As for this season its whoever does the best i reckon as nobody( including the coaching staff) seems to know the solution
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Silky

Post by Silky »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:11 am
DaiJones wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:37 pm Not good enough that. The difference (other than a stupid last second penalty) was a 100% goal kicking performance vs 60% but we shouldn’t be losing that having got ahead so often.

Also, deciding to run rather than kick the penalty we got in the last few minutes with the benefit of hindsight looks a bit of a bad call
Does anyone think that Wakefield should have had a penalty?
Yep, it was the dumbest of plays by Shorrocks. Pretty much to a man we were awful though, the balance of this team is all wrong.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Let's be honest we're not very good are we. simple as that ,years of poor recruitment comes home to roost when leigh have a better spine after one year than we do.