Tonight's game v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Tonight's game v Wakefield

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:18 am So cust isnt a 6?Field isnt a 6? Bevan isnt a 6?And Hampshire isnt a 6?Cust was pretty good last season as a 6.Field had 1 good game at Leigh as a 6.Bevan is playing 6 but doesnt seem to be himself at 6.Hampshire was signed as a backup player( mainly as a 6 i reckon).Its obviously the problem position so would releasing cust and hampshire for a proper 6 next sesdon be the obvious solution? I for one dont wanna lose French or Field so its gotta be the way.As for this season its whoever does the besti reckon as nobody( including the coaching staff) seems to know the solution
Yep, the coaching staff are alll over the the place on this one.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:56 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:54 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:53 pm

Looking at the scores Smith missed 1 kick out of 5 tries that's 80% kicking.
And the one he missed would have won the game no?
Yes but there is not a 100% kicker in SL so you can't rely in kicking goals.
Apart from Wakefield’s tonight you mean? 100% success from their kicker, 60% from ours and we lose.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:40 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:28 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:24 pm

Funny you say that. I was going to answer his post especially when he tried to start a pxssing competition over whose spent most money. But remembered his previous posts trying to poke a wasps nest we are fans hurting after a poor loss so not hard to get a reaction. Its almost like he enjoys nights like this just to try make a point he's happy with the way things are. But trying to get me to believe it well sorry he's pissxng against the wind
From what I’ve seen on here there’s has been no overreaction at all. No player has been singled out but more of an overall frustration of it all which has been building up all season. He obviously loves nights like this 🤷
I will start. Bloody Powell losing us the game
Don’t you mean Thornley? We have lost every game he’s played in.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Can anyone justify why leigh let Thornley go in the championship and we give him a two year deal when he was crap first time round, pea heart.🤷‍♂️
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

MrAlex wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:07 am https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... highlights

Here for those who haven't seen the game.
They’re also on Wigan TV 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Pieman13

Post by Pieman13 »

Unfortunately I just don't think French & Field is viable for our squad. Unless we spend all of the cap, the 3 marquee spots and commit to playing French on the wing.

We need a proper 6 and still need to improve the pack massively. So having a highly paid winger may not be viable.

But for the rest of this year, we have to move French from 6. Think we have 3 options:

1. Swap French & Field round again and hope Field's defence is better now he's fully fit.

2. Put French on the wing and play Hampshire at 6.

3. Bench Field and use him like we did with Escare. French fullback and Hampshire 6.

Think 1 and 2 are the best options.

And yes, Hampshire over Cust. Cust should be nowhere near the team his arms are shot and can't tackle. Been the case for weeks, really needs to get himself right before returning to the 1st team.

Also I'd rather go with Smithes, Hill & KPP (if he's fit) as our bench props vs Wire.

Singleton & Mago are so poor, maybe a few weeks in the reserves could get Singleton in better shape and then possibly be useful for the 1st team. But Mago is just a waste of time, he's just not interested at all.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

If they wanted to rest wardle they should have put miski at centre french on the wing and Hampshire or shorrocks at stand off Thornley is not good enough they had a player who hull hr did not want and he beat us on his own we need to sign a goal kicker and quick smith is not up to it as once again he proved last night poor coaching and selection once again
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

We all know that cust Thornley Mago singleton are not good enough so why does the coach keep picking them poor coaching and team selection and whoever keeps deleting my posts please leave them alone
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:04 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:47 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:36 pm Listened to Milko and both of them seemed so frustrated by the team's indiscipline. The hit on the kicker seemed a really bad piece of play.

Week in and week out everyone says Bevan at 6 isn't working but no on e seems to know the answer. Perhaps start the game with Bevan at 6 then 2nd half we put Bevan at 1 with Jai at 6. If we trained to do that then we'd be able to see if it produces results. It would also give the opposition something they wouldn't expect.

To win a trophy we have to improve and by some degree. To do that we need to bring about change to the squad and perhaps moving Bevan and Jai could produce the changes required to get the improvement we need.
It’s Cust at 6. French back on the wing. Cust is the only player who can play 6 and he was fine when we won the cup.

Peet needs to stop trying to fit form players in the team out of position.

That means Miski is dropped not because he’s playing badly but because we can’t have a player at 6 in French who isn’t a 6 just so Miski gets a game.
Cust is never a six as long as I have got a hole in my Harris. Non Pace, no vision and his defence is suspect. All good reason ls why he is not in the team and won’t be at Wigan next season. A poor signing in my view. Defence was soft tonight hence the reason we lost.
But Field or French certainly ain't a 6 or a 7 they are both of them either fullbacks or wingers not Half's quite why people think they are is baffling to me as for Cust he's an odd one last season he took the pressure off Smith but this season has done very little for reasons unknown
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Suzieb wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:49 am We all know that cust Thornley Mago singleton are not good enough so why does the coach keep picking them poor coaching and team selection and whoever keeps deleting my posts please leave them alone
I’ve not deleted your posts & don’t know anyone who has! Which posts are you talking about??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan