French And Field

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: French And Field

Post by Caboosegg »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:00 am
endoman wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:57 pm agree, they aren't half backs, but they don't suit our plan of backs running the ball out of our goal line etc, which Miski does well. I hope a solution is found soon.
Two great creative halves with an attacking style will sort this but we also have to get forwards with real go forward also( injuries havent helped).This isnt helped by our hookers and is why we have signed leeming imo
Well people turned on O'Neil quickly :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:05 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:00 am
endoman wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:57 pm agree, they aren't half backs, but they don't suit our plan of backs running the ball out of our goal line etc, which Miski does well. I hope a solution is found soon.
Two great creative halves with an attacking style will sort this but we also have to get forwards with real go forward also( injuries havent helped).This isnt helped by our hookers and is why we have signed leeming imo
Well people turned on O'Neil quickly :lol:
I never said i dont rate oneill i stated its why we signed leeming imo.Obviously matty is replacing one of them as we cant have 3.They both offer different things so matty obviously is going for something different
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Then you change the plan to match the better players . Or is Peet incapable of doing do?

What would he do with Offiah? Play him at six because Miski is a better battering ram running the ball out of defence?
Pieman13

Post by Pieman13 »

I 100% agree with putting French back on the wing, but not sure on Cust at 6. His arms shot atm and is struggling to tackle. But if its games that will fix that problem then maybe we just have to persist or try Hampshire again.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hampshire has been a so far at least a bloody daft signing you don't sign players who have a brutal injury such as he had,not in a salary capped sport that's for sure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:21 am Hampshire has been a so far at least a bloody daft signing you don't sign players who have a brutal injury such as he had,not in a salary capped sport that's for sure
And not play them!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:30 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:21 am Hampshire has been a so far at least a bloody daft signing you don't sign players who have a brutal injury such as he had,not in a salary capped sport that's for sure
And not play them!
Exactly Josie it's madness that players,and I know it seems I'm picking on Hampshire but this ridiculous policy of signing players who aren't match ready is bordering on the bizzare to me you need players match ready for seasons starting not more than halfway through the season it's a waste of the cap to me
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Two very bad signings, in Hampshire and Thornley, they weren't good enough the first time round, so why re-sign them.
Hopefully Radlinski has learned a lesson, after these signings and the George Burgess fiasco.
Signings, so far, for next season looking good, just need a centre to replace King, a great No. 6 and a big enforcer of a Prop.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Just a thought, could Kelvin Skerrett put a pair of boots on again, he would probably be better than our props, other than Havard :lol:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Can Miski play centre when King goes?-
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.