Parking

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Parking

Post by Wes »

Best place to park tomorrow as near to the ground as possible. Thanks guys
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Re: Parking

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Parking at the stadium is available and payable upon arrival. Think they charge £5 for parking behind the East Stand
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Wes wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:56 pm Best place to park tomorrow as near to the ground as possible. Thanks guys
If you don't mind a little walk, the streets behind the Co-op on Woodhouse Lane seem popular for stadium parking.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

benjamaphone wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:20 pm
Wes wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:56 pm Best place to park tomorrow as near to the ground as possible. Thanks guys
If you don't mind a little walk, the streets behind the Co-op on Woodhouse Lane seem popular for stadium parking.
Hey! that's my parking spot, don't tell everyone :)
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

I always park in the away carpark £5 and easier to get off after the game
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

WarriorWinger wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:06 am
Doesn't seem like too much of a secret when I get there late and it's rammed 😅
endoman

Post by endoman »

Will depend on where you are coming from. I need to get back to M6 south so street park near Saddle Junction. Bit of a walk, but no bother getting away.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

endoman wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:14 am Will depend on where you are coming from. I need to get back to M6 south so street park near Saddle Junction. Bit of a walk, but no bother getting away.
So do I but I park behind the east stand. The traffic out of stadium way clears quite quickly if you are turning left at the junction at the end which you will be if you want the M6. You don't go back toward the saddle junction which would take forever due to traffic but turn right at the first mini-roundabout and get on the M6 at Orrell. Not much traffic and very quick.

As to car parks, the worst development in recent seasons has been allowing people to pay to use car park 3 behind the east stand. It used to be the "VIP" car park you only got into if you purchased a season pass but now the queue can go back over the bridge :twisted: as people fumble to pay. If anyone is one of the fumblers, please park somewhere else :lol:
Shemtatupu

Post by Shemtatupu »

I always park on miry Lane industrial estate
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

benjamaphone wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:08 am
WarriorWinger wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:06 am

Doesn't seem like too much of a secret when I get there late and it's rammed 😅
And I thought it was just my secret :) , it is always rammed when I get there and it really bugs the life out of me when people park across the opening to the little car park at the end when there are spaces on there