Saints v Catalan

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mickw

Re: Saints v Catalan

Post by Mickw »

Appalling officiating and commentary all night ,then the extremely annoying Jenna Brooks says to the man of the match Micky Mac let's talk about saints ffs.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:49 pm Im beginning to wonder whether saints players are coached to contest every decision against them.LMScarisprick should have been binned for his decent
(Dissent even) 😉😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

If Matutia doesn't get a ban for an obvious shoulder charge then questions need asking.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Was on in the pub, but Thursdays are my pool night, so wasn't giving it my full attention. but from what I saw, yeah, Saints got a few generous calls, but Les Cats look the best team in the comp on current form.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Doesn’t Steve McNamara moan a lot? He’s getting to sound like Darryl Powell!!!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:13 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:49 pm Im beginning to wonder whether saints players are coached to contest every decision against them.LMScarisprick should have been binned for his decent
(Dissent even) 😉😉
was rushing but at least i spelt his name right
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Beaker080977 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:55 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:53 pm Well done cats and very very very nearly lost to a welsby 3 yard forward pass at the death.Unfortunately the commentators didnt pick up on that as per
Irony of the saints fans booing the ref at the end… bravo
was there any of them left in the ground?

i was listening on radio5, and they mentioned the tremendous atmosphere, and how Saints had done a wonderful job of filling the ground on a Thursday night by opening up to local clubs - sure Wigan have done that several years ago, so yet again following our lead :)

on the radio, you couldnt hear the Saints fans, other than one lady constantly heckling forward or offside, sounded like it was being played in Yorkshire :lol: :lol: .

So, no atmosphere, and even Saints commentator for the night Leon Pryce commented about the fans leaving with over 10 minutes to go, cos Saints were clueless and never looked like breaking Catalan defence down

and then to top it off, i go on twitter and facebook, and all their fans are moaning about the ref giving them nothing all night :) :)
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

the pieman wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:49 am
Beaker080977 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:55 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:53 pm Well done cats and very very very nearly lost to a welsby 3 yard forward pass at the death.Unfortunately the commentators didnt pick up on that as per
Irony of the saints fans booing the ref at the end… bravo
was there any of them left in the ground?

i was listening on radio5, and they mentioned the tremendous atmosphere, and how Saints had done a wonderful job of filling the ground on a Thursday night by opening up to local clubs - sure Wigan have done that several years ago, so yet again following our lead :)

on the radio, you couldnt hear the Saints fans, other than one lady constantly heckling forward or offside, sounded like it was being played in Yorkshire :lol: :lol: .

So, no atmosphere, and even Saints commentator for the night Leon Pryce commented about the fans leaving with over 10 minutes to go, cos Saints were clueless and never looked like breaking Catalan defence down

and then to top it off, i go on twitter and facebook, and all their fans are moaning about the ref giving them nothing all night :) :)
They were quiet all game. They scored a converted try to bring them 2 points behind and then had Cats pegged in their own 10 for a couple of tackles. Made me think how we would be getting behind the lads at that point, making some noise and trying to push the team on. Then I realised the Saints fans were absolutely silent in a pretty pivotal moment where they seemed to be gaining momentum.

The DW generally has a fairly poor atmosphere for many reasons, however when we are in an arm wrestle, us fans know how to get behind the lads and give them a bit of a much needed boost.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:55 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:13 pm
(Dissent even) 😉😉
was rushing but at least i spelt his name right
😂😂😂
craigo

Post by craigo »

With the 2 players Saints lost last night, It gives Leigh even more of a chance next week. Surely not ?.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.