Adam Keighran: Wigan Warriors confirm deal for out-of-contract target for 2024

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
eaststandspy

Re: Adam Keighran: Wigan Warriors confirm deal for out-of-contract target for 2024

Post by eaststandspy »

Looked good in possession, quick feet and goal kicking excellent. Play the ball, wow, needs to brush up on that, sloppy! Tackling not great last night, practice, practice, practice.
Overall signs of optimism though.
josie andrews

Re: Adam Keighran: Wigan Warriors reportedly secure deal for out-of-contract target for 2024

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors confirm the signing of Adam Keighran for the 2024 season

Adam Keighran to join Warriors from 2024.

26-year-old signs two-year deal with the Club.

Keighran: “I’m eager to continue learning and improving my game under the staff at Wigan.”

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce that Adam Keighran has signed a two-year deal with the club from the 2024 season.

The 26-year-old, who has played at centre, stand-off and hooker, will join the Warriors after the completion of the current season with the Catalans Dragons.

He began his career at Penrith Panthers playing in the New South Wales Cup where he was picked as one of two centres of the year, before making his first grade debut for the New Zealand Warriors in Round One of the 2019 season.

He then had two seasons at the Sydney Roosters making 17 NRL appearances before joining the Catalans Dragon for the 2023 season.

Adam Keighran said: “My family and I are looking forward to the next 2 years at Wigan.

“I’m eager to continue learning and improving my game under the staff there, learn the history of the Club and hoping to add to the success the Club already has.”

Wigan Head Coach Matt Peet added: “We are excited to welcome Adam and his family to Wigan.

“His form for Catalans has been excellent this season and I look forward to working with him. He will bring athleticism and a high skill level to our back line.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/07/ ... for-wigan/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: Adam Keighran: Wigan Warriors reportedly secure deal for out-of-contract target for 2024

Post by fozzieskem »

He looked pretty good the other night so hopefully a shrewd signing
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Great news, I think he'll do really well for us. I think we've signed him to primarily replace King but he can play 6 too and he can back up Smith for conversions/pens. Great to get some signings done so early. Now for a prop and, in an ideal world and depending who leaves, a backrower too?
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

southportcdm wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:37 pm Great news, I think he'll do really well for us. I think we've signed him to primarily replace King but he can play 6 too and he can back up Smith for conversions/pens. Great to get some signings done so early. Now for a prop and, in an ideal world and depending who leaves, a backrower too?
With Jackie Chan and Adam Keighran signed up this means at least 2 overseas will be leaving from this seasons squad.

I'm guessing that with the extensions being announced, this suggests that those overseas players not already announced will be leaving

I could be mistaken but that means Cust, Ellis, Mago and Isa
Back by demand.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:59 pm
southportcdm wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:37 pm Great news, I think he'll do really well for us. I think we've signed him to primarily replace King but he can play 6 too and he can back up Smith for conversions/pens. Great to get some signings done so early. Now for a prop and, in an ideal world and depending who leaves, a backrower too?
With Jackie Chan and Adam Keighran signed up this means at least 2 overseas will be leaving from this seasons squad.

I'm guessing that with the extensions being announced, this suggests that those overseas players not already announced will be leaving

I could be mistaken but that means Cust, Ellis, Mago and Isa
I think that Chan is a federation trained player so he will not count. Mago and Cust will go, Ellis will stay.
fozzieskem

Re: Adam Keighran: Wigan Warriors confirm deal for out-of-contract target for 2024

Post by fozzieskem »

Is it just me or do the meat heads on sky say Jackie Chan?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:33 pm Is it just me or do the meat heads on sky say Jackie Chan?
I thought that but tiaki does sound like jackie when said fast
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:17 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:33 pm Is it just me or do the meat heads on sky say Jackie Chan?
Just glad it's not just me and my hearing he looks a handful that's for sure
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:30 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:17 pm
Just glad it's not just me and my hearing he looks a handful that's for sure
Definitely and im sure we will beef him up if hes playing prop
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE