Positions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
archiekeith

Re: Positions

Post by archiekeith »

Because I've added the exception Josie :)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

archiekeith wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:57 pm Because I've added the exception Josie :)
You are a very confusing poster at times !!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:08 pm
archiekeith wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:57 pm Because I've added the exception Josie :)
I reckon Archie is Slim Jim, reincarnated :o
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

jobo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:33 pm
if I confuse you simply tell me and I'll try and assist you. There's no fooling you Jobo you right my friend. The reason I changed my moniker is I had a stroke left me blind and paralysed down my left side and memory impaired. Didn't know my moniker so made another moniker Anyway use of my left arm returned which was good cos I'm left handed. My sight returned somewhat but I'm registered but I can see partially. No worries I was smokey Jim (which Josie liked and told me so. I also subscribed as Devon Jim The changes were as a result of minor strokes. That's my forum biography. Sorry. for the detail. Like Widdon old boy I 'm no Bull shifter and like Morley I mean what I say and say what I mean. Thanks for indulgence if you read this :D
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

archiekeith wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:36 am
morley pie eater wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:22 pm
Flash wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:27 pm

For God's sake mate, give it a rest. You're making a fool of yourself.

meaningless
/ˈmiːnɪŋlɪs/
adjective
having no meaning or significance.

With all due respect, English was my major at university. I don't need schooling by someone who can't even use punctuation or capital letters properly and clearly thinks he's more intelligent than he is.
Bang on the nose 👋👋👋👋
Yes he does didn't mention I couldn't spell but I'm bang on the nose anyway :lol: I see you've not forgiven me for explaining the Meaning of a Lancastrian :) :x
I was agreeing with Flash. I don't have anything more than a vague memory of a post about Lancastrian and Lancashireman. Clearly you do.

In general, I think it's best to stick mainly to comments about rugby, with a bit of humour thrown in for good measure.

(Written before I saw your latest post.)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

archiekeith wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:12 pm

if I confuse you simply tell me and I'll try and assist you. There's no fooling you Jobo you right my friend. The reason I changed my moniker is I had a stroke left me blind and paralysed down my left side and memory impaired. Didn't know my moniker so made another moniker Anyway use of my left arm returned which was good cos I'm left handed. My sight returned somewhat but I'm registered but I can see partially. No worries I was smokey Jim (which Josie liked and told me so. I also subscribed as Devon Jim The changes were as a result of minor strokes. That's my forum biography. Sorry. for the detail. Like Widdon old boy I 'm no Bull shifter and like Morley I mean what I say and say what I mean. Thanks for indulgence if you read this :D
Archie, sorry to hear your bad news but glad you're still able to post on this forum.
Keep up the good work 👏
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:28 pm
archiekeith wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:12 pm

Archie, sorry to hear your bad news but glad you're still able to post on this forum.
Keep up the good work 👏
Ditto 😊 I understand your health won’t fully recover but even though you now confuse me keep posting I can still chuckle at your posts 😁

Keep well 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Flash wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:02 pm
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:10 pm
Flash wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:22 pm

Actually, Beven French isn't an international player. Miski, on the other hand, is. So is Toby King. You're seeing what you want to see.

It's a truism to say that players with greater ability (and so more likely to gain international honours) would more likely be able to play to a higher standard and would therefore, by extension, be able to play multiple positions to that same higher standard. I'm not sure how that contradicts the statement that "it's not unusual for players to play more than one position to a high standard". Why should the better players be excluded from this statement? How is that even relevant?

To answer Nathan's point; I'm not suggesting Miski or King would transition into another position. I don't know. However, equally, you can't say they wouldn't. You don't know. Your reaction to ANY suggested positional change is to rule it out. Yet evidence clearly shows that it is often very successful. At the end of the day it is merely opinion on whether a given player would or wouldn't succeed until they are actually tried there and it is proven one way or the other.

I remember much opposition to Tomkins being moved from stand off as he had never played full back and was obviously a potential star at 6. Worked out ok though, didn't it?
So does Bevan French not have more ability than Miski and King? If Bevan French was English/Lebanese would he be an international? Could Miski or King play stand off! It seems you are seeing what you want to see to support your weak argument that poorer quality players could change position and be a huge success! Give me examples of players at the same ability level as the players who you are suggesting change position completely that have been a huge success and better players once they have! Powell, King, Miski, etc. that calibre of player.

When the players you want to see change position, although I have a strong feeling that they won’t as Peet will probably see that they need to still work on the position they are currently in first and changing their position will not work, let’s see how they do? :D
Please post the quote where I said the bit in bold.

While I wait (and I'll be waiting a long time) for you to post it, I'll quote what I ACTUALLY said:

"I'm not suggesting Miski or King would transition into another position."
Show me where I said you did say that as a quote! I didn’t say you said that, I gathered that info funnily enough from the numerous posts you have made.

So what is the point of all your posts then? If you in a roundabout way agree with me that those players could never change positions?

You for sure said the bit I highlighted in bold above, what evidence? 15 top class rugby league players? I am waiting for you to list all the players on a par ability wise with the likes of Powell, Miski, King etc. that have completed changed position, been significantly better in their new position, over a significant amount of time and have never returned to their original position because they have been so successful in that new position that they aren’t just exactly the same player and bring exactly the same to the team but just in a different position……
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett