Kaide Ellis signs new deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Kaide Ellis signs new deal

Post by josie andrews »

Kaide Ellis signs new deal with Wigan.

Ellis: “I can’t wait for what’s ahead over the next few seasons.”

The Australian prop forward will stay at Wigan for a further three-years.

Wigan Warriors can confirm that Kaide Ellis has extended his contract with the Club for a further three years.

The new contract will see the 26-year-old prop remain at Wigan until at least the end of the 2026 season.

Ellis arrived in Wigan from St George Illawarra Dragons at the start of 2022 making 23 appearances and scoring two tries in his first season, also collecting a Betfred Challenge Cup winners medal. He has made nine appearances so far in 2023.

After agreeing to the contract extension, Kaide Ellis said: “I’m loving my time at the Club, me and my partner have settled in well here.

“I’m grateful that the club has shown faith in me and I can’t wait for what’s ahead over the next few seasons.“

Head coach Matt Peet said: “Kaide is excellent to work with and demands the best from himself on a daily basis.

“After transitioning to life in a new country and a new competition his form this year has been very good and he certainly has more levels in his game. We are delighted that he is with us for at least three more seasons.“

Kaide Ellis’ Player Sponsor is Smalley Painters & Decorators.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/07/ ... -new-deal/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: Kaide Ellis signs new deal

Post by fozzieskem »

Really happy at this news he's coming along very nicely and when he's not there he's missed alwaysn a good sign of a decent player
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Pleased about this. I think Kaide will bring some stability and, potentially, leadership to our forwards over the next few years and there's still plenty of room for improvement too.
WarriorRoss11

Post by WarriorRoss11 »

good news from the club as i’ve been impressed with him this season. if we can add one more prop next year i think we’ll be good in the pack
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Apart from his odd couple of bans, I think he is a fine player with a very calm & steadying influence.

I’m pleased he is staying 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Glad he's re-signed. A good quality prop for us and plenty in front of him.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:44 am Glad he's re-signed. A good quality prop for us and plenty in front of him.
+1
craigo

Post by craigo »

I am glad he is staying. Probably the most improved player in the squad. But, Why are we handing so many long term deals out though ?.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Kaide has looked much better this year, hope this settles him and we really see more from him. Three more years is a bit surprising but hopefully shows his intent. I do still think Mago is worth more thought, if only because he adds something different (needs to do it every week though).
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

craigo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:50 am I am glad he is staying. Probably the most improved player in the squad. But, Why are we handing so many long term deals out though ?.
i'm sure he's only about 25, so for a prop really about to come into his prime years, and a 3 year deal IMO feels like a good one for both us and the player

in regards to the other deals handed out, for me it shows we are looking to build a squad and retain our talent. Hopefully the days of signing a 4/5 year contract and we'll let you go if you want to go to Oz or RU are gone