Kaide Ellis signs new deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Kaide Ellis signs new deal

Post by ian.birchall »

BBC teletext/Sports news up to their usual quality reporting this. Having said last week that Wigan had beaten Wire 3 times including 2 away including beating Wire in the Challenge Cup with only 10!! men having had a player sent off after only 7 minutes, now reporting that Ellis has helped Wigan to reach the semi final this weekend, obviously by provoking Havard to his outstanding performance in that game.

I just hope that Tania Arnold gets the job at wherever the TV rights end up.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:45 pm BBC teletext/Sports news up to their usual quality reporting this. Having said last week that Wigan had beaten Wire 3 times including 2 away including beating Wire in the Challenge Cup with only 10!! men having had a player sent off after only 7 minutes, now reporting that Ellis has helped Wigan to reach the semi final this weekend, obviously by provoking Havard to his outstanding performance in that game.

I just hope that Tania Arnold gets the job at wherever the TV rights end up.
I sent a screen shot of that article to my son asking him to read it . I couldn't believe what I had just read an thought my aged eyes were playing tricks on me. Such sad journalism.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:01 pm Didnt rate him at first but i must admit hes improved massively.Not sure about 3 years but obviously the coaching staff think hes worth it
He has looked better this year.
Wouldn’t worry about the length of the contract, more for the benefit of the player than the club these days.
Players usually go when they want no matter how long they’ve got on their contract
bertina

Post by bertina »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:00 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:54 am Kaide has looked much better this year, hope this settles him and we really see more from him. Three more years is a bit surprising but hopefully shows his intent. I do still think Mago is worth more thought, if only because he adds something different (needs to do it every week though).
Three more years is fine in my view, he should be hitting his peak soon as a prop forward. Mago? Not for me, there are far better players out there on less money.
I agree on both counts Charriots. At least now Ellis has his life settled for the next 3 years, and can concentrate on improving his game. At his age, as a prop, his best years should be in front of him.
As for Mago, i'm sorry, but a decent 8-10 minutes once in a while doesn't cut it for me.
A team needs to get more than that out of any player, let alone one on a big wage.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Good signing.

Solid prop who has shown enough professionalism and promise. Down to him now.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I only found out yesterday, that Kaide volunteered off his own bat at a Wigan homeless shelter on Christmas Day 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan