Ryan Sutton

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
PorterjohLam

Ryan Sutton

Post by PorterjohLam »

Looks to be leaving the Bulldogs...

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/fo ... YUtjJkDHzM
Former Wigan Warriors prop forward and current England international Ryan Sutton has been granted permission to explore his options for 2024.

That’s according to The Sydney Morning Herald, with Michael Chammas reporting that the 27-year-old could leave the Canterbury Bulldogs at the end of the current campaign.

Sutton joined the club from Canberra Raiders ahead of the 2023 season and still has two years remaining on his current contract.

However, the forward, alongside club captain Raymond Faitala-Mariner, have been told that they are free to explore their options on the open market during the off-season.

Sutton has made 86 appearances in the NRL since making the switch from the DW Stadium for Canberra in 2019 as the club reached their first Grand Final in 25 years that season.

He did not feature in the showdown with Sydney Roosters as Ricky Stuart’s side fell to a 14-8 defeat at the ANZ Stadium. International team-mates Elliott Whitehead and John Bateman were named in the back-row in the clash.

Sutton made 75 appearances for the Raiders across three seasons before joining the Bulldogs, where he has featured 11 times in the current season.

Ryan Sutton and Luke Thompson set for new clubs
Club and international team-mate Luke Thompson is also set to leave the Bulldogs at the end of the season, with clubs on either side of the globe interested in the 28-year-old prop forward.

Wigan boss Matt Peet previously confirmed his interest in the former St Helens man after Australian journalist ‘Moley’ reported that the Warriors had tabled a huge long-term deal for Thompson.

St George Illawarra Dragons have also recently joined the race for the signature of Thompson, with incoming head coach Shane Flanagan reportedly holding a secret meeting with the off-contract England international.

Thompson, who is yet to feature in 2023 after suffering a nasty pre-season injury, is reportedly on a deal said to be worth $800,000 a season, around £430,000.

Leigh Leopards star and Papua New Guinea international Edwin Ipape is another name linked with the Dragons for next season. Flanagan was a part of the Kumuls’ coaching staff at last year’s delayed World Cup in England.
Another one coming back maybe? :lol:
Charriots Offiah

Re: Ryan Sutton

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Hope so.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:55 pm Hope so.
Haven't the club learned their lesson with bringing players back..I hope they have
craigo

Post by craigo »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:16 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:55 pm Hope so.
Haven't the club learned their lesson with bringing players back..I hope they have
Understand your point. But I think he would come back better. Good age too. A yes from me.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Byrne or Sutton.Not a hard choice really
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Hope they make it happen and a decent number 6
pedro

Post by pedro »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:53 pm Byrne or Sutton.Not a hard choice really
id play with 12 instead of Byrne, he is dreadful, zero head or enthusiasm, he plays tick and pass
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pedro wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:37 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:53 pm Byrne or Sutton.Not a hard choice really
id play with 12 instead of Byrne, he is dreadful, zero head or enthusiasm, he plays tick and pass
He gets dragged every tackle.Cant believe he still gets picked
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pedro

Post by pedro »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:43 pm
pedro wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:37 pm
He gets dragged every tackle.Cant believe he still gets picked

worries me more in D, he just stands there doing nothing holding them as they drive forward, its cringe worthy, he came back on today and was replaced after about 5 minutes, same as last week, Harvie Hill has to play instead of him, hes a big lad with zero bollocks Byrne, get rid
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Give me Ryan and Havard ever day of the week. Apart from Ellis they are both better on one leg than those we have currently got.