HullKR v Wigan CC match thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Graham1

Re: HullKR v Wigan CC match thread

Post by Graham1 »

Harry is a left footed kicker so ideally should have been to the right of the posts and he wasn’t. Also, he could have been sat in the pocket deep right in the middle of the pitch. There was also other opportunities which we should have taken prior to that. Our game management was poor.

Also why have an used sub in conditions like that when we’ve played all the second half with a forward short. IMO Peet messed up in not sending Hill on and the coaching team should have been getting the message out, kick the one pointer sooner.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Can't argue with that.
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

Not seen a comment on here from Morley Pie Eater or Flash who slated me previously for opinions I have made very similar to 90% of people on here. You're very quiet guys. Have you lost your voice?
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Peet - "There are some dejected players, some frustrated players, and some confused players"....who's confused?!
Beaker080977

Post by Beaker080977 »

MrAlex wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:15 am Peet - "There are some dejected players, some frustrated players, and some confused players"....who's confused?!
I suspect shorrocks and the others blighted by some suspect decisions
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Fair point.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

I don’t think we’ve got over our Jet lag from the 2014 World Club Challenge
Flash

Post by Flash »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:34 pm Red cards do not determine the outcome of games!!!!!! Ffs!!!!

If a red card was the limiting factor of a result we wouldn’t be in the f****in semi in the first place!

Stop making excuses for the team being shit and unable to control a game they had already won!!!
So tell me my friend, if that's the case, what percentage of teams playing a full half or more whilst a man down go on to win the match? If what you're saying is true, it would be at least 50%. I think you'll find it's closer to single figures than 50%.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Bob the Builder wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:39 pm Not seen a comment on here from Morley Pie Eater or Flash who slated me previously for opinions I have made very similar to 90% of people on here. You're very quiet guys. Have you lost your voice?
Sorry I don't live on here. I'll make sure to post at a time to suit you in future. Just let me know what time and I'll make sure to stop whatever it is I'm doing and post for you. :roll:

Now, what exactly would you like me to comment on?
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

I don't know how long ago, but wasn't the criteria for a red card whether the was intent to go high, as opposed to accidental or even reckless? The RL's version of zero tolerance is a paranoid reaction to the litigation on the concussion issue. The current policy is disproportionate and a return to more sensible criteria is urgent.

Regarding the performance generally, it reinforces to me that French is no use at halfback. That no-look intercept pass is becoming all too frequent an example. We have a proper stand of in Cust. He should be persevered with.