Leigh v saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Leigh v saints

Post by josie andrews »

I just wonder IF this game was actually fixed?? Or was it really meant to be??

I saw an article last week that the RFL had "PENCILLED" in the postponed game re Huddersfield v Saints for the 12th August!! Even though Saints were still in the semi final!

I can’t for the life of me find it. It even had Ian Watson’s photo in the article!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
doc

Post by doc »

It was the obvious date if both teams failed to reach the final. The only other option would be for both teams to play twice over the bank holiday weekend.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jobo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:50 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:42 pm
Ipinwigan wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:37 pm Pity Lam couldn't get us playing like that
Think Chester has a lot to do with that. And jukes also. Well deserved played like a team bonded and fighting for each other.
Leigh reminded me of Featherstone v Hull, cc final in the early 80's. Fev massive underdogs but gave everything for each other, which, allied with their 3/4 skillful players, playing out of their skin, won them the cup.
And Wigan v Sheffield.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:17 pm
jobo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:50 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:42 pm

Think Chester has a lot to do with that. And jukes also. Well deserved played like a team bonded and fighting for each other.
Leigh reminded me of Featherstone v Hull, cc final in the early 80's. Fev massive underdogs but gave everything for each other, which, allied with their 3/4 skillful players, playing out of their skin, won them the cup.
And Wigan v Sheffield.
Prefer not to remember that one :cry:
craigo

Post by craigo »

Might not even bother watching the final.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'll be watching it with great interest. if it's a nice day, I might even go! :D
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Although Wembley has lost it's appeal to me we will be there

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We used to go to every final, Lancashire, Regal, SL & Challenge Cup etc but I said when the CC returned to Wembley after years away watching Saints beat Catalan I said then that it was the last time I would go to a final unless my team was there.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:04 pm We used to go to every final, Lancashire, Regal, SL & Challenge Cup etc but I said when the CC returned to Wembley after years away watching Saints beat Catalan I said then that it was the last time I would go to a final unless my team was there.
we've done exactly the same. No Wigan, no CC final

i hate the new Wembley as its soul-less compared to the old place. I get things need to move on and the old Wembley was a bit outdated, but at least as a fan we could enjoy our day, now there is absolutely nothing to do round the ground. We were sat with some Hull and Cas fans when Saints played Catalan on a petrol station forecourt