HullKR v Wigan CC match thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Re: HullKR v Wigan CC match thread

Post by Suzieb »

When will the coaching staff wake up and realise french is not a stand off he is a winger and those that say Miski should not be dropped yesterday for hers levelling try three players had their arms around sky and he still offloaded while Miski stood watching out of position
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:44 pm I’ve just watched the match back and if that is a sending off then rugby league is finished.
I totally agree, the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
I have been saying for a couple of seasons that we are going to be playing tick rugby in 5 years
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Until reading the comments and caught up in watching the match I hadn't realised that Hill hadn't got onto the pitch when we were running out if gas in the second half. Not the first time we have done that this season. You should start a match with 13/17 fit players because generally you won't finish with everyone able to give 100%.
Two big mistakes by the coaching team, just like in the play off last season against Leeds.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Also, what sort of message does it send to Hill, your good enough to sit on the bench, but because it's a tight match, I don't trust you to be on the field.
Very poor decision by Peet
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Thought Ellis made some good ground, but Byrne couldn't punch through a wet paper bag.
Need another Big prop who makes ground and makes the opposition desperate to stop him
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Dreamteam wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:47 pm I suspect a few eye openers today for what’s to come. Not much will change next season with a lightweight pack unfortunately. Imagine saying at the start of the season we’d win nothing and more than likely make no finals. That’s not good enough for the “best team we’ve had in nearly 10 years” -IL
Our pack wasn’t dominated at all today without our two main front rowers so what on earth is your point?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:54 am
Dreamteam wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:47 pm I suspect a few eye openers today for what’s to come. Not much will change next season with a lightweight pack unfortunately. Imagine saying at the start of the season we’d win nothing and more than likely make no finals. That’s not good enough for the “best team we’ve had in nearly 10 years” -IL
Our pack wasn’t dominated at all today without our two main front rowers so what on earth is your point?
So you think our pack is good enough to compete for all honours based on our current performances and the signings for next year?

Yes or No?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:13 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:44 pm I’ve just watched the match back and if that is a sending off then rugby league is finished.
I have been saying for a couple of seasons that we are going to be playing tick rugby in 5 years
No they haven't the past players are suing the game and all they're trying to do is put the house in order,the whiplash alone was a red.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

It’s the way the game is going now. You should see Union, that’s even worse!
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:13 am
Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:13 am
No they haven't the past players are suing the game and all they're trying to do is put the house in order,the whiplash alone was a red.
A whiplash effect from a legal tackle isn't a red, only whiplash from an illegal tackle is. The very fact that there's a whiplash mechanism is proof that the tackle can't have been direct contact the head.
Lewis runs with his head tilted back, the head then snaps forward in contact and goes backwards after impact. His head can't physically snap forward if the initial contact is with the head. That's impossible. There's no reason for the head to snap forward in that manner due to anything other than an impact. It is literally physically impossible for it to be direct contact with the head, the impact must have come before and have been below the head for his head to move in that way.

It's very similar to the tackle that Ethan Havard got sin binned for against Huddersfield. There was secondary contact due to the player falling but initial contact was with the ball/chest.