Willie Isa

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Willie Isa

Post by Suzieb »

Does anyone know what happened to Willie Isa yesterday
fozzieskem

Re: Willie Isa

Post by fozzieskem »

For my money he wasn't fit so quite why he played is beyond me maybe if the sun has been beating down its have been the right call in that weather well it didn't work did it
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:22 pm For my money he wasn't fit so quite why he played is beyond me maybe if the sun has been beating down its have been the right call in that weather well it didn't work did it
Peet deciding to play him in a semi final as his first game back was stupid and compounded by the fact he didn’t put Hill on at all. When Peet talks about the defeat he ought to mention his own mistakes never mind debating the sending off.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:51 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:22 pm For my money he wasn't fit so quite why he played is beyond me maybe if the sun has been beating down its have been the right call in that weather well it didn't work did it
Peet deciding to play him in a semi final as his first game back was stupid and compounded by the fact he didn’t put Hill on at all. When Peet talks about the defeat he ought to mention his own mistakes never mind debating the sending off.
Really poor squad management IMO. And he's done it before and even criticized himself for doing it. It seems crazy we'd do this when one man down and struggling with injuries. It was bound to take the energy from our defence and I think that's exactly what happened.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:51 pm
Bang on - and not the first time not using kids off the bench has happened - needs to learn .
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

If your not going to play them . Don't pick them . It's not rocket science.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Isa was outstanding defensively in the first half. He didn't look unfit. He was returning from a hamstring injury and there's no way the coaching or medical staff would take a risk on him at his age if he wasn't fully healed.

The injury he suffered on Sunday was to his chest as far as I can recall. This seems to happen sometimes where a player returns from an injury only to pick up another unrelated injury. O'Loughlin had similar problems later in his career. Chances are with Isa it's partly down to his age.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

And that’s why we need to sign another forward age has caught up with Isa and Farrell.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Chest strain for Isa, new injury. Getting a scan this week.
craigo

Post by craigo »

His time is up with us now, Surely.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.