Paul Wellens accuses RFL of failing to protect players as St Helens suffer four injuries involving same player

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
blindsideprop

Re: Paul Wellens accuses RFL of failing to protect players as St Helens suffer four injuries involving same player

Post by blindsideprop »

Wellens should realise what comes around goes around,peole in glass houses should not throw stones
pedro

Re: Paul Wellens accuses RFL of failing to protect players as St Helens suffer four injuries involving same player

Post by pedro »

hes not wrong, can banned for not a lot these days then do them and get nothing
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

He's salty because he's lost multiple players in one game, to one player.

IMO, a lot of Asiata's technique was reckless. Thing is you're going to struggle to regulate that out without affecting things like last minute ankle taps, etc which would also be deemed 'reckless' as by their nature they aren't controlled
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

PoppaG wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:12 pm He's salty because he's lost multiple players in one game, to one player.

IMO, a lot of Asiata's technique was reckless. Thing is you're going to struggle to regulate that out without affecting things like last minute ankle taps, etc which would also be deemed 'reckless' as by their nature they aren't controlled
Whats the chances of asiata not playing against us ,and if he does, will he be using the same technique? Interesting is not the word
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
MadMaxWarrior

Post by MadMaxWarrior »

He's telling the rfl they need to look after player welfare but then he lets Alex Walmsley play on for 20mins+ with a mcl injury :roll:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

True, but like they say, two wrongs don't make a right.
craigo

Post by craigo »

I don't rate Asiata one bit. A thug. Not just in that game. But in everyone I have seen him play in. Even worse, He has got away with it.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Looking at the tackle replays on sky last night it's tricky to see how you describe those tackles as illegal without preventing last ditch cover tackles too. People used to tackle round the legs all the time before the modern chest first wrestle philosophy came in. Some of these seem like leg tackles on the line to prevent trees to me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Mike wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:11 pm Looking at the tackle replays on sky last night it's tricky to see how you describe those tackles as illegal without preventing last ditch cover tackles too. People used to tackle round the legs all the time before the modern chest first wrestle philosophy came in. Some of these seem like leg tackles on the line to prevent trees to me.
i watched them back on the game and also seen them all over social media

the thing with the Paasi and Walmsley ones in particular is that he just seemed to go with the shoulder at the leg for me, no attempt with the arms to wrap around. Its literally as though he is just putting his body in the way to make the tackle, without any actual technique. i gave up arguing with a leyther over one of them as his left arm is clearly under himself, and his right arm doesnt appear on Paasi's legs
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

the pieman wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:53 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:11 pm Looking at the tackle replays on sky last night it's tricky to see how you describe those tackles as illegal without preventing last ditch cover tackles too. People used to tackle round the legs all the time before the modern chest first wrestle philosophy came in. Some of these seem like leg tackles on the line to prevent trees to me.
i watched them back on the game and also seen them all over social media

the thing with the Paasi and Walmsley ones in particular is that he just seemed to go with the shoulder at the leg for me, no attempt with the arms to wrap around. Its literally as though he is just putting his body in the way to make the tackle, without any actual technique. i gave up arguing with a leyther over one of them as his left arm is clearly under himself, and his right arm doesnt appear on Paasi's legs
I wonder if he got this style from the NFL. They tackle with exactly that style all the time, I'm amazed there are so few knee injuries (or at least no-ones complaining yet). I'm not a fan of the style, I'm always shouting at them to actually use their arms to tackle rather than just trying to bash them down when they miss! Maybe this style is used more against the running backs who are more maneuverable than a prop so they get away with it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐