tyler dupree

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Tyler Dupree

Post by widdenoldboy »

Will the older thread be merged with this one?

Anyway, great signing and a good response to the weekends events.
DaveO

Re: tyler dupree

Post by DaveO »

A transfer fee to secure him for this season. Doubt that would have happened if Danson wasn't now the owner.

While the club is hardly at the panic stations it was in 2006 when Fielden was signed it does remind me of that signing a little. Our season potentially went down the pan on Sunday, we are desperate for a prop forward given the injuries we have and instead of trying to muddle on, out comes the cheque book as it did back then! Thank you very much Mr Danson.

If Harvard can get back fit a first 17 with Dupree, Harvard and Ellis in it looks a lot better and gives some optimism for the rest of the season.

Bodes well for next season as well. Assuming the club is going to stick with Cooper he won't have to do as many minutes and carry the pack which is a good thing given he will be 35 next season.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Plus saints are massively affected after the semi with their injuries. Leigh are probably a bigger threat at this stage, and when they win the cup they'll be out of contention for the GF IMO. That only leaves Wire if they get their act together, but Cats have got a great chance this year.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wes

Post by Wes »

Well done Rads, great bit of business at a much needed time!🤙
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Haven’t seen much of Dupree but from what I have read he seems to be a great signing!

The recent signings have all been good acquisitions. Well played all involved, just need to get the best out of them now
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Happy enough with him signing, he needs to work hard though and work on increasing his meters. Some games he’s only averaged 5m per carry but maybe that’s down to him being unsettled. I think he will do well though and at his age he’s got plenty time to mature. My only concern is he’s another young prop and we might need a bit more experience. Hopefully when cooper comes back he can help lead the younger ones. A pack including Harvard, Ellis, Dupree and cooper is rather tasty if you ask me! Add to that young walters,chan and leeming and we are doing well! Danson certainly seems to be getting his wallet out that’s for sure.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

w.thomas wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:20 pm Happy enough with him signing, he needs to work hard though and work on increasing his meters. Some games he’s only averaged 5m per carry but maybe that’s down to him being unsettled. I think he will do well though and at his age he’s got plenty time to mature. My only concern is he’s another young prop and we might need a bit more experience. Hopefully when cooper comes back he can help lead the younger ones. A pack including Harvard, Ellis, Dupree and cooper is rather tasty if you ask me! Add to that young walters,chan and leeming and we are doing well! Danson certainly seems to be getting his wallet out that’s for sure.
Looked at his stats and he averages nearly 7 a game in SL according to the SL website
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sorry i posted this & the club asked me to remove as they wanted to release the signing
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Saw that earlier dd. Do carry on with your "rumours" as for people like me who lives miles from Wigan they are a valuable source of info and interest.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:20 pm A transfer fee to secure him for this season. Doubt that would have happened if Danson wasn't now the owner.

While the club is hardly at the panic stations it was in 2006 when Fielden was signed it does remind me of that signing a little. Our season potentially went down the pan on Sunday, we are desperate for a prop forward given the injuries we have and instead of trying to muddle on, out comes the cheque book as it did back then! Thank you very much Mr Danson.

If Harvard can get back fit a first 17 with Dupree, Harvard and Ellis in it looks a lot better and gives some optimism for the rest of the season.

Bodes well for next season as well. Assuming the club is going to stick with Cooper he won't have to do as many minutes and carry the pack which is a good thing given he will be 35 next season.
First team Props for 2024?

Ellis
Havard
Dupree
Byrne
Cooper
Mago (likely will be gone?)
Chan
Hill
Walters (possibly 2nd row?)

Reserves (probably some I've forgotten, apologies)

Silva
Wood
Makin
Wilson

Academy - many decent prospects, too early to say who will make it.