tyler dupree

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: tyler dupree

Post by medlocke »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:45 pm
DaveO wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:20 pm A transfer fee to secure him for this season. Doubt that would have happened if Danson wasn't now the owner.

While the club is hardly at the panic stations it was in 2006 when Fielden was signed it does remind me of that signing a little. Our season potentially went down the pan on Sunday, we are desperate for a prop forward given the injuries we have and instead of trying to muddle on, out comes the cheque book as it did back then! Thank you very much Mr Danson.

If Harvard can get back fit a first 17 with Dupree, Harvard and Ellis in it looks a lot better and gives some optimism for the rest of the season.

Bodes well for next season as well. Assuming the club is going to stick with Cooper he won't have to do as many minutes and carry the pack which is a good thing given he will be 35 next season.
First team Props for 2024?

Ellis
Havard
Dupree
Byrne
Cooper
Mago (likely will be gone?)
Chan
Hill
Walters (possibly 2nd row?)

Reserves (probably some I've forgotten, apologies)

Silva
Wood
Makin
Wilson

Academy - many decent prospects, too early to say who will make it.
How good would that lot be with Mago replaced by Matthew Lodge
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:52 pm
DaveO wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:20 pm A transfer fee to secure him for this season. Doubt that would have happened if Danson wasn't now the owner.

While the club is hardly at the panic stations it was in 2006 when Fielden was signed it does remind me of that signing a little. Our season potentially went down the pan on Sunday, we are desperate for a prop forward given the injuries we have and instead of trying to muddle on, out comes the cheque book as it did back then! Thank you very much Mr Danson.

If Harvard can get back fit a first 17 with Dupree, Harvard and Ellis in it looks a lot better and gives some optimism for the rest of the season.

Bodes well for next season as well. Assuming the club is going to stick with Cooper he won't have to do as many minutes and carry the pack which is a good thing given he will be 35 next season.

Ellis
Havard
Dupree
Byrne
Cooper
Chan
Hill

Silva
Wood
Makin
Wilson

There's goes Meds with his version of JFTB - Jobs for the (NRL) boys :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:04 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:52 pm

Ellis
Havard
Dupree
Byrne
Cooper
Chan
Hill

Silva
Wood
Makin
Wilson

There's goes Meds with his version of JFTB - Jobs for the (NRL) boys :lol:
I’d have Lodge replacing Byrne. Think our front row would be sorted then, first time in a while
Mauny6

Tyler dupree

Post by Mauny6 »

What we think of this signing with immediate effect
the pieman

Re: Tyler dupree

Post by the pieman »

Mauny6 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:01 pm What we think of this signing with immediate effect
Its needed given issues we've had with front row

Cooper out all season, Ellis with bans, Havard injuries, Singleton (injured), Mago (adding no value), Byrne (IMO over played due to all previous)

if we'd have had Cooper, Ellis and Havard firing all season i think the feeling would be different. Reality is, we havent had them, and our pack has been dominated too many times, but also has a massive impact on the ability to get our backs firing

Get a starting pack of Ellis / Byrne, with Dupree, Hill and Mago on the bench (thinking Dupree will retain intensity when we rotate) and if we get Havard back before the end of the season, we look a whole lot better
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Mauny6 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:01 pm What we think of this signing with immediate effect
Much needed and a response to Sunday.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

the pieman wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:27 am
Its needed given issues we've had with front row

Cooper out all season, Ellis with bans, Havard injuries, Singleton (injured), Mago (adding no value), Byrne (IMO over played due to all previous)

if we'd have had Cooper, Ellis and Havard firing all season i think the feeling would be different. Reality is, we havent had them, and our pack has been dominated too many times, but also has a massive impact on the ability to get our backs firing

Get a starting pack of Ellis / Byrne, with Dupree, Hill and Mago on the bench (thinking Dupree will retain intensity when we rotate) and if we get Havard back before the end of the season, we look a whole lot better
Much needed and a response to Sunday and an all round lift for the run in, otherwise season was over.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... 13768[code][/code]

"At the start of last week I definitely didn't expect this to happen," he said. "But on Saturday I was pulled into a meeting and I was told Wigan had come in for me. As far as I was concerned the matter was dead because I'd just agreed to sign a new deal with the club."It was an upgraded contract and had an extra year, so it would have seen me stay there until the end of 2026. From my perspective, I wasn't going anywhere and after resolving the issue I was happy to be staying.

"But they told me they'd accepted an offer. If I'm honest, it p***** me off, not because I was being sold because I'm joining one of the biggest clubs there is but because after everything I've been through and all the aggravation I took, they've sold me anyway.

"I spoke to Rowls (Paul Rowley) about it. He wanted to keep me but we've had plenty of conversations and parted on great terms. He's happy for me and wished me all the best."
"I take things in my stride but I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I can't really put that into words. I had a good conversation with Matt Peet and he said he wanted me to come in and buy into what the lads are doing but at the same time, he didn't want me to change anything about myself, which was a nice thing to hear, it made me happy.
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Feel for him after reading that, it can't be the nicest way to leave a job but I like that Peet has made him feel welcome - looking forward to seeing him in cherry & white 😊
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

benjamaphone wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:22 pm Feel for him after reading that, it can't be the nicest way to leave a job but I like that Peet has made him feel welcome - looking forward to seeing him in cherry & white 😊
its a strange situation as his head was obviously turned when KR made an offer earlier this year (and poss Wigan too), but it seemed to play out in the press

this time, it looks like Wigan have contacted Salford (who have accepted), they have gone to Dupree to say they have accepted an offer, then obviously he would have needed to agree personal terms

the unfortunate thing from both clubs perspectives, is that it was rumoured in the press and then the photo of Dupree at Wigan before it was announced