Daryl Clark: St Helens sign England international on three-year deal from 2024

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Daryl Clark: St Helens sign England international on three-year deal from 2024

Post by josie andrews »

St Helens have signed England international hooker Daryl Clark from Warrington Wolves on a three-year deal from next season.

The 30-year-old former Man of Steel winner began his career with Castleford and spent three years with the Tigers.

He joined Warrington in 2014 and has won the League Leaders' Shield and Challenge Cup with the club.

"I've been at Warrington for a long time so I'm looking forward to a new challenge and a fresh start," he said.

"The club doesn't need much selling, it sells itself. I've had some big contests with Saints over the years and I know how iconic the club is. It's a team littered with quality players and some I've known through years at England camps."

During his time with Warrington, Clark has featured in three Challenge Cup finals and two Super League Grand Finals.

Meanwhile, he has featured for England on eight occasions as well as making two appearances for Great Britain.

He will join Saints following the retirement of club captain James Roby at the end of the season.

"James has been at Saints for a long time and what he has achieved at the club has been massive, so it's going to be big shoes to fill, but I believe if I'm playing my best and most consistent rugby I can add value to the team," Clark added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/66317780
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Re: Daryl Clark: St Helens sign England international on three-year deal from 2024

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Looks like both beaten semi finalists have now announced new signings.
Clark for 2024 and Dupree from now!
Saints have some real injuries after their match with Leigh. Whereas we are strengthening where we've looked a lot weaker after losing Cooper. Injuries to Havard and Ellis and the letter's suspension haven't helped our pack either.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Daryl Clark: St Helens sign England international on three-year deal from 2024

Post by Mike »

He's joining a sinking ship.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Mike wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:55 pm He's joining a sinking ship.
He's an upgrade on Lussick, but I think the game against us a couple of weeks back showed that the legs can't keep up with the mind anymore.
The Clarke of a few years back would have been gone with a couple of the half breaks he made.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Just out of interest, how well do we think saints have to do for Wellens to stay in post for next season?
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i think he'll still be there irrelevant of how they do this year

they won the WCC (admittedly before he really had any influence) and then he can say they were tired, we've had injuries and loads of unfair bans for constantly hitting late and dropping on peoples legs, so never had his best 13 on the pitch

so, hopefully they keep him going for at least another 12 months :) and the decline continues apace :) :)
craigo

Post by craigo »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:29 pm Just out of interest, how well do we think saints have to do for Wellens to stay in post for next season?
Cannot sack him. They won the wcc. Powell is the next one to go.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.