George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dreamteam

Re: George Williams

Post by Dreamteam »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:51 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:48 pm Took more money at wire who’s arsed. Not a half itl who is even close to his ability. If we can get it done which I highly doubt then we should
It all comes down to the coaches desire and Danson footing some of the bill financially id say.

Can fit him under the cap easily but the wages and the transfer fee would require covering, the club couldn't afford it without money being put in
Implying we can’t afford to spend up to the cap or the transfer fee would need covering Dan ? I do believe that some of these signings for next year are more a goodbye gift from IL than danson splashing his money. But when u consider the money he’ll be losing on latics I’m sure he could sanction a few hundred k to secure George if rads and co wanted him
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Crossy210 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:50 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:48 pm Took more money at wire who’s arsed. Not a half itl who is even close to his ability. If we can get it done which I highly doubt then we should
Don’t talk sense it won’t catch on. Brilliant player but he turned us down for money so people won’t see that
His celebrations against us at magic didn’t help but no issue in him securing a better deal at wire. We gave him his fair share back as well
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Dreamteam wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:40 pm
Don’t talk sense it won’t catch on. Brilliant player but he turned us down for money so people won’t see that
His celebrations against us at magic didn’t help but no issue in him securing a better deal at wire. We gave him his fair share back as well
And then once we've spent all this money and he get's bored again will you be happy to see him jump ship when another NRL side come in for him?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

No more returning players. It just hasn't worked. Didn't rate him that high before he left TBH, but he did well for a year in the NRL.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:57 pm

And then once we've spent all this money and he get's bored again will you be happy to see him jump ship when another NRL side come in for him?
Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. It’s a short career.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:57 pm

We’d be his last big contract
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dreamteam wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:39 pm
It all comes down to the coaches desire and Danson footing some of the bill financially id say.

Can fit him under the cap easily but the wages and the transfer fee would require covering, the club couldn't afford it without money being put in
Implying we can’t afford to spend up to the cap or the transfer fee would need covering Dan ? I do believe that some of these signings for next year are more a goodbye gift from IL than danson splashing his money. But when u consider the money he’ll be losing on latics I’m sure he could sanction a few hundred k to secure George if rads and co wanted him
Transfer fee id assume would need covering and possibly a % of wages. Wigan can afford to spend the cap, but considering Williams would count as £50k the wage bill would be substantially above the cap in terms of money leaving the bank. 3 marquee players in effect
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:09 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:39 pm

Transfer fee id assume would need covering and possibly a % of wages. Wigan can afford to spend the cap, but considering Williams would count as £50k the wage bill would be substantially above the cap in terms of money leaving the bank. 3 marquee players in effect
Good point. I suspect nrl clubs will be on alert considering the lack of half’s around
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

GW and his agent might put it on hold now Powell has gone to see who is to take over.
Hell of a job for whoever becomes their coach.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

He signed a new an improved contract like 2/3 months ago when the NRL was sniffing again.

Now Powell’s gone Wire will settle down again.

I’d love him back as he and Smith is a perfect partnership but it won’t happen.

Wire would never let that happen.