George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jobo

Re: George Williams

Post by jobo »

I'd love to see him back but I think one of the considerations for him and the club would be how, a section of the fan base, would welcome him.

For me, he's a pro player who has cashed in on his talent and this shouldn't be held against him.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Cannot remember his name but the Wire player we should be signing is the second rower who Peet wanted to keep particularly as other posters have stated rightly or wrongly that he knows he made a mistake and wants to come back.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Gerrumonside wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:33 am It’d work for me, position we need filling and helps with the marquee rule… if we could we should!
I wouldn’t give him the same deal we offered last time which he refused. He’d need to show a bit of loyalty first & not be like Bateman & bugger off back to the NRL IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

That’s a fair call Josie - let him show he wants to play for us!
Gaznier

Post by Gaznier »

I can see both sides of the argument here.. I understand people not wanting him after he turned us down.. but the lads exactly what we need.. and if he helps us get another GF win, who cares what's happened in the past.

Very much doubt this rumour but if true.. bring him home.
endoman

Post by endoman »

100% have him back on our terms. Who else could we get with the same salary cap benefits?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:32 am Cannot remember his name but the Wire player we should be signing is the second rower who Peet wanted to keep particularly as other posters have stated rightly or wrongly that he knows he made a mistake and wants to come back.
Nicholson - very good prospect.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:51 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:32 am Cannot remember his name but the Wire player we should be signing is the second rower who Peet wanted to keep particularly as other posters have stated rightly or wrongly that he knows he made a mistake and wants to come back.
Nicholson - very good prospect.
Good player but ide rather have mcdonald back off leeds
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I would have George back in a heart beat. I can’t think of a better halfback in the league.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I don’t think it’s his ability that’s being questioned it’s his loyalty that people are concerned with