Coaching

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Coaching

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:11 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:07 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:02 pm

That would probably be the best outcome
Rubbish remarks about them both!

Do you never listen to players past &/or present who have played/worked with them both?

I know who I would sooner listen to & believe & it’s not the bloody amateurs on here I’ll tell you that!
That has nothing to do with it Josie, the fact is Lockers and Lulu do not have the relevant coaching experience no matter what any former player says
What do you mean it has nothing to do with it?? They both have fantastic rugby brains & just because they haven’t been coaching anywhere else other than here, doesn’t make their skill set & experience irrelevant, they’ve both done all their coaching badges btw & Lockers has done strength & conditioning as well!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:29 pm

Do you never listen to players past &/or present who have played/worked with them both?

I know who I would sooner listen to & believe & it’s not the bloody amateurs on here I’ll tell you that!
That has nothing to do with it Josie, the fact is Lockers and Lulu do not have the relevant coaching experience no matter what any former player says
What do you mean it has nothing to do with it?? They both have fantastic rugby brains & just because they haven’t been coaching anywhere else other than here, doesn’t make their skill set & experience irrelevant, they’ve both done all their coaching badges btw & Lockers has done strength & conditioning as well!
Don't put facts into it....
We all know Wigan make first year apprentices take senior roles
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:29 pm

Being a good practitioner does not mean you are a good manager. That’s true in any job.

Just how many former players in many different sports have you seen fail as a coach?

As to having coaching badges, good grief I am sure Kieran Cunningham had the full set. What is he up to today?
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Really like Peet as coach. He’ll get better and better.

Loved his comment about Dupree - “I don’t want him to fit in, I want him to stand out”
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

The Pearl1 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:58 pm Really like Peet as coach. He’ll get better and better.

Loved his comment about Dupree - “I don’t want him to fit in, I want him to stand out”
I really like him as a person. He seems genuine and honest.

I still feel that he took the "top job" too soon in his career. I don't blame him for it, but it never should have been offered to him at that stage.

You never know. He seems intelligent enough, maybe he's a quick learner?

But, imo, he would have benefited greatly from another 3 -5 years under an experienced coach.
PJC

Post by PJC »

I have faith in the present coaching team. We’ve hardly done badly. Matty Peet’s philosophy and approach to the game is admirable. The whole club is involved. It will take time to come to fruition.
Admittedly they need a pack that can force the game. This looks as though it’s on it’s way.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Bloody hell get a life 2nd in the league and some great signings for next year sick of moaners nothing ever good enough :x :x
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:02 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:52 pm Im good with peet i just want replacements for lockers and tommy
That would probably be the best outcome

Its fresh ideas i want josie.No one is knocking there abilities.And being an ex player doesnt mean anything.Graham Lowe for example
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Oh i forgot you arnt allowed to criticise after a victory.Ill wait till our next loss.Its only opinions as we all want the same outcome
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
bertina

Post by bertina »

ddtftf wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:35 pm Bloody hell get a life 2nd in the league and some great signings for next year sick of moaners nothing ever good enough :x :x
Well said.!! Nothing wrong with critical discussions on a forum, but for some it’s win 40-0 every week or we’re crap.
I’ve been critical myself. The pack, hooker, etc. but looking at the signings we’ve made up to now for next year, some of these are being addressed.
At least give some credit when it’s due.