King back to Wire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Blackpool_Pie

King back to Wire

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Saw on twitter apparently it's all confirmed he is heading back there for 2024
The Pearl1

Re: King back to Wire

Post by The Pearl1 »

In been unofficially official for about 6 weeks, hence the Keighran signing

Makes even more sense now Powell has gone as they didn’t have a good relationship
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:45 am Saw on twitter apparently it's all confirmed he is heading back there for 2024
I've seen on twitter that wire fans are asking if King can return THIS season as they are his parent club, especially if the incoming coach wants him!

Not sure how this would work, especially as I always assumed season-long deals were fixed (somehow)

Would they have to pay Wigan a transfer for their own players back?

Surely he would blast them over the salary cap if he retuned this season? Would he want to go is another question?
Back by demand.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:45 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:45 am Saw on twitter apparently it's all confirmed he is heading back there for 2024
I've seen on twitter that wire fans are asking if King can return THIS season as they are his parent club, especially if the incoming coach wants him!

Not sure how this would work, especially as I always assumed season-long deals were fixed (somehow)

Surely he would blast them over the salary cap if he retuned this season? Would he want to go is another question?
He doesn’t want to go, he said to me the other week when I asked if he had heard anything further about going back, he said ‘I feel like I’ve been on parole & I have to go back to jail"!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:45 pm

I'd assume with them being his club they could call him back but you'd hope there'd be a penalty in doing so
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

There is no call back option for King.

He’s at Wigan til the end of the 1000%