George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Soul Kitchen

Re: George Williams

Post by Soul Kitchen »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:32 am Cannot remember his name but the Wire player we should be signing is the second rower who Peet wanted to keep particularly as other posters have stated rightly or wrongly that he knows he made a mistake and wants to come back.
Matty Nicholson.
That ship has sailed!!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

George is not unhappy at Wire, he is frustrated by his injury.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Sod him
He left on his own terms to go to the NRL.
He didn’t want to play for us and then played us like fools till the better deal came from Warrington .
Now it’s going pear shaped he wants s back !!!!! What happens when a better deal comes along again or when he thinks he’s to good for Super league again . Bollocks to him .
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Would be nice to get him back he would only improve us, and his Salary cap benefit is a big bonus, but I can’t help but feel French has been promised the 6 shirt for next season, and if GW comes in and French has to play on wing again I think that will upset the apple cart
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

In a fantasy world where this actually happens, I (and I hate saying this) would move Field on.

He can only play fullback and French is better.

Use Fields cash on a marquee member of the pack

1 French
6 Williams
7 Smith
9 Lemming

Is pretty much the perfect spine.

And it’s not happening but I’m enjoying the discussion
bertina

Post by bertina »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:54 pm Heard a whisper he isn't happy at Warrington & his agent has approached Wigan.

Id assume Wigan would have to pay a significant amount in regards to a transfer if they were interested…. Would be able to use the new marquee rule RE wages, not entirely sure how things will work under Danson & if paying a fee for him would be on the cards
NO, NO, and thrice, NO. Tough s**t if he's not happy. He went for the highest bidder. He got Wire.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

bertina wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:36 am
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:54 pm Heard a whisper he isn't happy at Warrington & his agent has approached Wigan.

Id assume Wigan would have to pay a significant amount in regards to a transfer if they were interested…. Would be able to use the new marquee rule RE wages, not entirely sure how things will work under Danson & if paying a fee for him would be on the cards
NO, NO, and thrice, NO. Tough s**t if he's not happy. He went for the highest bidder. He got Wire.
Now,now he went to win things and test himself.
pedro

Post by pedro »

The Pearl1 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:25 am In a fantasy world where this actually happens, I (and I hate saying this) would move Field on.

He can only play fullback and French is better.

Use Fields cash on a marquee member of the pack

1 French
6 Williams
7 Smith
9 Lemming

Is pretty much the perfect spine.

And it’s not happening but I’m enjoying the discussion
I disagree
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

No way for him to come back it was obvious the Warrington players knew what money he was on as he didnt get the passes from other players he should have had & it totally showed with the team attitude. It would piss players off giving 100% effort knowing they were on a third of his wages .
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

That’s why I disagree with the marquee salary for players!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan