Stand Off

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

Re: Stand Off

Post by Brennox7 »

Ryan Papenhuyzen from Melbourne isn’t bad at FB an all
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

I'd have Teddy (Very different style of FB), Tommy Turbo (When fit), Mitchell, Walsh & Pap over Gutho. Probably about level with Edwards & Drinkwater.

Thats not saying he's bad though! And for what its worth the Eels are pretty much my NRL team :lol:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:16 pm
moto748 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:24 am
DaveO wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:09 am

The trouble is the standard in SL is so low these days a pretend 6 like French may well get away with it.
I am so sick of coming to this site and reading crap like this. :evil:

Day in, day out, year in, year out.

If it's so bad, why don't you turn your interest to another sport and leave us in peace?
It's an opinion and I get so sick of people like you responding with "reading crap like this" just because you disagree with something written on a forum. Day in, day out, year in, year out.

No one compels you to read it or comment. In fact if my opinions annoy you do much, why don't you bugger off to RLFANS? I am sure you will be happy there.
It's the constant negative doing the game down, only praising in the context of everything being rubbish that brings people down Dave. :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

PoppaG wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:13 pm I'd have Teddy (Very different style of FB), Tommy Turbo (When fit), Mitchell, Walsh & Pap over Gutho. Probably about level with Edwards & Drinkwater.

Thats not saying he's bad though! And for what its worth the Eels are pretty much my NRL team :lol:
Edwards is as good as any in the world, Gutho the same, think both are better than Mitchel at FB and Walsh, lets see how walsh is playing at 28-30
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pedro wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:50 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:13 am Not a big fan of gutho.Much better fullbacks in the nrl.Tedesco, travoyevic.Drinkwater.The lad off brisbane.Cronullas fullback.Mitchell.Like i said his defence is very suspect

Maybe 2 of them are
Really? Which two?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pedro

Post by pedro »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:36 pm
pedro wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:50 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:13 am Not a big fan of gutho.Much better fullbacks in the nrl.Tedesco, travoyevic.Drinkwater.The lad off brisbane.Cronullas fullback.Mitchell.Like i said his defence is very suspect

Maybe 2 of them are
Really? Which two?
Teddy and Turbo
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

If this has been mentioned before I beg your pardon. The club re-signed Ryan Hampshire, who can play at scrum half, fullback or stand off. Why not bring him on to cover stand off. We re -signed Thornley, a mistake, but Hampshire not been given his chance.
I realise that some of those may not agree, but I thought I'd put it out there.😊
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'd say, in response to that, that I'm a bit surprised Peet hasn't given Hampshire a go in the halves, and pushed French out to the wing, but maybe he figures that French is improving at 6 week by week, so why chop and change now when we're building something?

Well, that's the glass half-full argument! :lol:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

DaveO wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:16 pm
It's an opinion and I get so sick of people like you responding with "reading crap like this" just because you disagree with something written on a forum. Day in, day out, year in, year out.

No one compels you to read it or comment. In fact if my opinions annoy you do much, why don't you bugger off to RLFANS? I am sure you will be happy there.

Like you, Dave, I'll be judged by the content of my posts.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

PF Warrior wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:41 pm If this has been mentioned before I beg your pardon. The club re-signed Ryan Hampshire, who can play at scrum half, fullback or stand off. Why not bring him on to cover stand off. We re -signed Thornley, a mistake, but Hampshire not been given his chance.
I realise that some of those may not agree, but I thought I'd put it out there.😊
Peet clearly doesn’t want to drop Miski and if you move French from stand off he’d have to. So I don’t think Hampshire (or Cust) are going to get a game at 6 anytime soon unless French is injured or Peet decides to rest him. He could do that v HKR but I am doubtful he will as I think he will want to be sure of two points to try and finish second.