George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: George Williams

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:09 pm No way for him to come back it was obvious the Warrington players knew what money he was on as he didnt get the passes from other players he should have had & it totally showed with the team attitude. It would piss players off giving 100% effort knowing they were on a third of his wages .
That sort of wage imbalance happens all the time in pro sport. The very top players earn a fortune compared to the squad players. Unless the rest of the Wire players were on peanuts I think they are in the wrong job if they don’t like it that the clubs star player is earning considerably more than them especially in a salary capped sport.

What’s the alternative anyway? Pay a squad of 25 £88k each regardless of how often they feature in the first 17 or how good they are? You’d soon lose your best players if you did.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Should Brad O’Neill be on the same money as Bevan French?

Should Michael Jordan have been on the same as the other chicago bulls?

Marquees salaries happen in sport
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

If a team that loses more than it wins signs a marquee player or two and that team starts to win more than it loses and possibly wins the CC or Grand Final the whole team will benefit (win bonuses, kudos etc.). I know I'd be more than happy for those marquee players to be paid a premium. :D
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

I doubt too many teams pay a massive premium to marquee players (I could be wrong) I just think it’s the highest earners in the team that have a portion of the wage not counted on the cap, this can also be seen as a benefit to the players who are not marquee as it means there is more salary cap to play with and they could end up getting paid more.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its not what we think but what players in the team think regardless of what we think should be the attitude players , but some do get disgruntled especially when they feel that they are as good but not getting the same wage.
I once lost a contract for £3000 a month because my works manager screwed it on purpose and when i ask him to explain he said " I am on salary so i get nothing extra so it just means you are getting more money in your fat bank balance " & yes i did sack him
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Meanwhile, back on thread, Williams and Smith in the halves would be the best in the league. As soon as we started winning trophies, and regularly hammering Saints and Wire, the knockers would be praising George and even Meds would suspend JFTB :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:11 pm Meanwhile, back on thread, Williams and Smith in the halves would be the best in the league. As soon as we started winning trophies, and regularly hammering Saints and Wire, the knockers would be praising George and even Meds would suspend JFTB :lol:
He can roll over and poop mars bars and I wouldn't give a shiny one, He binned us off at the first opportunity for money, lost us the chance of signing a very good player and shows no loyalty, how many youngsters would give their eye teeth to play for this great club but never get the chance, he had it all and threw it away for money.

I shall wait for the usual It's a short game, salary capped sport type comments from the usual defenders of all things Wigan. Das Ende
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

To be honest i think he will go back to the NRL he was highly rated there and they are desperate for half backs they will offer him a deal he cannot refuse like Bateman .
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Watching tonight's match George was just going through the motions I hardly noticed him till the end of the match
Wes

Post by Wes »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:17 am Watching tonight's match George was just going through the motions I hardly noticed him till the end of the match
Does seem to go missing a lot.