George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
PorterjohLam

Re: George Williams

Post by PorterjohLam »

He largely never lived up to the hype here and went to Wire for the money. Wouldn't be happy to see him back in our shirt at all.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He did do well in the NRL for the first few weeks at least. I lost touch after that. I reckon if he needs "a new challenge" he should head back there and prove himself properly, then we'll know for sure what we missed out on.

I think he's evidence that you can't stand out as a half in a team that's being being in all other areas of play. You've got no chance. The Harry Smith knockers should take note of that IMO, although there are not way fewer of them than a few weeks ago I think. We need to sort out the platform the backs build from before we see the best from them all, and this is now happening more than it was mid-season. We're getting back to that early season form with any luck.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:21 pm He did do well in the NRL for the first few weeks at least. I lost touch after that. I reckon if he needs "a new challenge" he should head back there and prove himself properly, then we'll know for sure what we missed out on.

I think he's evidence that you can't stand out as a half in a team that's being being in all other areas of play. You've got no chance. The Harry Smith knockers should take note of that IMO, although there are not way fewer of them than a few weeks ago I think. We need to sort out the platform the backs build from before we see the best from them all, and this is now happening more than it was mid-season. We're getting back to that early season form with any luck.
he was class, better than Wighton and he is one of the highest paid over there
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

pedro wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:17 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:21 pm He did do well in the NRL for the first few weeks at least. I lost touch after that. I reckon if he needs "a new challenge" he should head back there and prove himself properly, then we'll know for sure what we missed out on.

He was sensational mate and, along with Bateman, they nearly won an NRL Grand Final.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pedro wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:17 pm

He certainly was and he played much better at first reciever( his natural position)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Thats good nearly winning a grand final i dont think so
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:11 pm Thats good nearly winning a grand final i dont think so
Be fair pal.He was in the NRL, which is far superior
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:11 pm Thats good nearly winning a grand final i dont think so
So Williams wasn’t good in the NRL because he didn’t win the Grand Final over there?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:06 pm
So Williams wasn’t good in the NRL because he didn’t win the Grand Final over there?
He bailed after one season. Don't think he could hack it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

He could more than hack in the NRL they were gutted he decided to come home. Covid + new baby meant he left.

He was very good down there.