Recruitment 2024

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

Recruitment 2024

Post by Brennox7 »

Does anybody think we will sign anymore up for next year?

Personally the recruitment we’ve done is fantastic and I’d be happy if that was it.

But do any others think we will/need to bring anyone else in? I know a few said a second rower and half back etc.

Seems we have a really busy few weeks with Leeming first then walters chan keighran dupree then it’s gone quiet with links and rumours.

Cheers,
Bill
Sutty

Re: Recruitment 2024

Post by Sutty »

My source doesn't think we're going to sign anyone else, but they couldn't confirm because things are continually changing. Sorry, I know that's a bit vague, but that's what I was told

Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

My view is we will and players will be offloaded.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Yes 8-)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:27 pm My view is we will and players will be offloaded.
You'd hope so the club can't carry players who seemingly perma injured or come back and break down quickly
Charriots Offiah

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:35 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:27 pm My view is we will and players will be offloaded.
You'd hope so the club can't carry players who seemingly perma injured or come back and break down quickly
I agree. If we look at things in simple terms: King out Keighran in; Singleton out Dupree in; I expect Cust and Mago to leave and we know that KPP is off; we have recruited Leeming, Walters and Chan. That should ensure that the books are at least balanced.

We then have question marks over Powell, Isa, Thornley and Hampshire. Added to that we are allowed a British marquee player and another non-federation marquee player. It is conceivable that we will recruit at least one more player in my view.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Let's not settle for a squad that is almost good enough to win something. If we're able to make another signing to improve the squad we should go for it. On a day when I'm going to watch a Challenge Cup final that was a great opportunity missed by us I'm In no mood for settling for almost good enough next season.
Charriots Offiah

We either need to sign a second row forward or extend Isa’s contract. If Thornley is released we need some backup in the three quarters.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

So far it’s

IN

Dupree
Walters
Chan
Leeming
Keighran

OUT

Singleton
KPP
King
Cust (expected)
Mago (expected)
Powell (not off contract but I expect him to go)
Isa (expected)
Thornley (expected)

5 in and about 7/8 out.

I expected another signing, maybe 2.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

The Pearl1 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:33 pm So far it’s

IN

Dupree
Walters
Chan
Leeming
Keighran

OUT

Singleton
KPP
King
Cust (expected)
Mago (expected)
Powell (not off contract but I expect him to go)
Isa (expected)
Thornley (expected)

5 in and about 7/8 out.

I expected another signing, maybe 2.
I see what you're saying, but technically if you're only including players who are nailed on coming or going we are 5 in 2 out