Mike greg

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganbythesea

Mike greg

Post by wiganbythesea »

Is any one else dissapointed with the way the club has treated him. He did a lot for the club and he was agreat coach, taking us to Old trafford from 3rd and to cardiff. Got a feeeling it will be along time before we get to go to a major final again.

ML wants sorting taking Mike to tribunal is a discrace, for me the club has done nothing and is a sign of the state of the club.

Any way on a positive note we may make the final of the northan rail cup next year..... Bonus as i live just round the corner from Bloomfield road
Fraggle

Re: Mike greg

Post by Fraggle »

wiganbythesea posted:
ML wants sorting taking Mike to tribunal is a discrace, for me the club has done nothing and is a sign of the state of the club.
Nothing except paying him up until the end of the contract even though he was unable to fulfil his contractual obligations? It's a difficult and very sad situation, and I suspect there are rights and wrongs on both sides. What was it Mike was asking of the club? Did he think he was still able to do the job and should not have been replaced by Millward, despite his condition? Did the club need to act as a kind of charity and keep paying him beyond the end of his contract even though he wasn't able to do any work (and would others who have left the club due to illness/injury also then be able to make a claim for further payments, or are they even legally allowed to make payments to former members of staff with respect to tax rules, insurance/pension contributions etc)? Unfortunately these situations are never easy, I don't think most of us really know the full details and it would be wrong to apportion blame either way, and instead we should send our prayers and continued best wishes to Mike Gregory in his battle against a terrible illness.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
BIG AL

Re: Mike greg

Post by BIG AL »

I am not dissapointed by the club because i dont see that they have done anything wrong .Mike was on a contract when he fell ill and I believe that the contract was honourd and that mike recieved his full money .On the other point wigan didnt take Mike to the tribunial it was the other way round , and the club as given him further money that they where under no obligation to do .I hope this dosnt come across as harsh because i wish mike all the best in his recovery .But people seam to like the idea of blaming the club and DW and Mo for everything