Playoff picture

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Playoff picture

Post by Mike »

Looks like 3 teams are now pretty secure in the play-offs, 4 if you don't take into account the massive party Leigh are having right now. There's 2 spots up for grabs with 6 teams within 4 points and realistically able to compete for them. Going to be a very exciting end of the season for those last two spots (or 3 from 7 if Leigh go the traditional route and give up on their season after their cup win),

Who do you think will make it into the Playoffs?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Re: Playoff picture

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Good competition for the top four as well, all to play for.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Cats
Wigan
Saints
Leigh
Wire
Salford

That 6th place will be tight but think Salford will be best of rest.
Charriots Offiah

The Cats have four away fixtures out of their remaining six, I expect the next two weeks will go a long way to determining if they win the league leaders shield. If we win this week and then in Perpignan, I think we will have a good chance of finishing first. A loss though and we may finish third or fourth.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Potential for no Yorkshire club. Has that happened before?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I reckon if one of Huddersfield or Leeds gets in the 6 they'll be very dangerous. Realistically to achieve this theyd have to win at least 5 out of 6, and that going to put them in a very good run of form, very high on confidence. They'd be setup for a deep playoff run. Much more dangerous IMO than a team that limped in with a 3 from 6 record.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Cats 4 away games are at Leigh, Hull, Wakefield and Wire. My guess would be that match-by-match they'd be favourites in each one.

According to Oddschecker, the best prices are:

Saints 2/1 (33%)
Cats 9/4 (31%)
Wigan 10/3 (23%)
Leigh 7/1 (13%)
Wire 20/1 (5%)
Hull 33/1 (3%)
Leeds 40/1 (2%)

[Percentages add to more than 100% due to bookies profit margins and rounding.]

Presumably money may have been put on Saints at the start of the season, or because of their recent record - there's no way they are favourites on form imo.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
doc

Post by doc »

Think Leigh could put one over on Cats if they have sobered up by then.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

doc wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:39 pm Think Leigh could put one over on Cats if they have sobered up by then.
They may not win again this season IMO.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:49 pm I reckon if one of Huddersfield or Leeds gets in the 6 they'll be very dangerous. Realistically to achieve this theyd have to win at least 5 out of 6, and that going to put them in a very good run of form, very high on confidence. They'd be setup for a deep playoff run. Much more dangerous IMO than a team that limped in with a 3 from 6 record.
Giants and Leeds play each other so you would imagine the loser is unlikely to make the top 6.

Mike, should this topic not be in the General section?