Hull FC confirm Herman Ese'ese move in statement signing for 2024 season

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Hull FC confirm Herman Ese'ese move in statement signing for 2024 season

Post by josie andrews »

Ex-Samoa and New Zealand prop, 28, has been a regular for NRL outfit the Dolphins and is the nephew of former Super League great Ali Lauiti'iti

Hull have signed former Samoa prop Herman Ese’ese - the nephew of former Leeds favourite Ali Lauiti’iti.

He joins from the Dolphins on a three-year deal starting in 2024. The Kiwi-born forward, 28, has made more than 125 NRL appearances with the likes of Canterbury Bulldogs, Brisbane Broncos, Newcastle Knights, and Gold Coast Titans. Ese’ese is a regular for Wayne Bennett’s Dolphins, having featured 17 times for newcomers this season.

Having gained plenty of interest from the NRL and in the UK, he said: “I’m really excited to be making the move; I’ve always wanted to come over to Super League and test myself on that side of the world. I’m only 28 years-old and feel like I’m in the prime of my career right now, so I’m thrilled to be spending the next three years with Hull.”

Ese’ese is the East Yorkshire’s first signing ahead of 2024 and helps offsets the loss of Chris Satae to Catalans at the end of the season. Boss Tony Smith, who led Leeds to the 2004 Grand Final with exciting second-row Lauiti’iti in his side, said: “We’ve done a lot of research into getting the right people into the club, and Herman fits the bill.

We’ve been talking to him for a while and we’re excited about the prospect of him joining. We want people who are going to come here and improve us, and help develop the right culture here, and we’re confident he will do that.

He’s got good skill and likes to play with the ball – he can put on a nice pass and some good go-forward. He knows how to find the right pass and offload at the right time. We don’t want to put too much pressure on him, but having coached his uncle many years ago, you can see many similarities between him and Ali Lauiti’iti in aspects of his game.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-le ... s-30701885
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
craigo

Re: Hull FC confirm Herman Ese'ese move in statement signing for 2024 season

Post by craigo »

Good signing for them. These must be due a good season. Every year I predict them to be darkhorses. Never happens.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.