Havard ruled out for eight weeks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Havard ruled out for eight weeks

Post by No straw damn us »

pedro wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:23 am
Mike wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:34 pm It seems no matter how many forwards we have, our first choices are hardly ever all available! Been like this for years.
no more than Smithies and hes not had any, its the conditioning, they do zero work on the hamstrings
What conditioning work can they do on hamstrings?

It seems to be a big problem this season at so many clubs. I was speaking to a current superleague player last night and he suggested that some of the training pitches they use are very poor. His team have had more than their share of hamstring injuries this season.
pedro

Post by pedro »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:15 pm
pedro wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:23 am
Mike wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:34 pm It seems no matter how many forwards we have, our first choices are hardly ever all available! Been like this for years.
no more than Smithies and hes not had any, its the conditioning, they do zero work on the hamstrings
What conditioning work can they do on hamstrings?

It seems to be a big problem this season at so many clubs. I was speaking to a current superleague player last night and he suggested that some of the training pitches they use are very poor. His team have had more than their share of hamstring injuries this season.
can stretch them and work towards them, according to an independent physio, cant say too much as it may come back on someone
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I'm certainly no expert but a while ago when Liverpool FC had a spate of hamstring and groin injuries, they traced it back to the surfaces that training took place on. Things have moved on since then and my case is nothing like a professional player but the only hamstring and groin problems I had was in pre-season indoor training on a gym surface that we found not to have the required absorption material. Can't believe that the club has that kind of problem but it might be worth a look as it's easy to check out and strike it off the list if there's nothing wrong there..