Tonight's Match - Wigan squad for Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Tonight's Match - Wigan squad for Hull FC

Post by East Stand Faithful »

We win😆
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ddtftf wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:55 pm Smith misses 5 kicks at goal
Maybe Keighran should be given kicking duties next year
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Smith should be practicing 8 hours a day. It’s not hard to kick goals!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
pedro

Post by pedro »

East Stand Faithful wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:17 pm Smith should be practicing 8 hours a day. It’s not hard to kick goals!
it is
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its not Smiths fault its the club that needs to have a back up kicker as most clubs have
craigo

Post by craigo »

Well that is what happened when I had to miss a home game. Sounded woeful tbh. But the main thing is the win. I feel good that happened. But gosh, I am sooooo weak with this illness.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Ref was appalling however we had made 7 errors in 14 minutes at the start of the match you can't do that.

Smith is clearly a confidence kicker and had lost it completely by the end of the match but it shouldn't of mattered we bombed 4 or 5 try attempt we would normally get.

Entire team needs to nuckle down for next week as if we put in that performance vs Cats we will get pasted.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Before I turned up tonight I was wandering how we would go without Havard, Cooper and Ellis against what's not a bad set of forwards. I didn't think we did to bad in that department.
We do lack leadership or experience in the ball players and it shows. That was a game we could have lost very easily, it was a Wakefield away performance.
That first 5 minutes if Golden point summed us up we made an easy job difficult with lack of control and execution. I sat after the drop goal in disbelief it was easily the hardest kick of the night but only one we got think it summed the performance up.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I had to work unfortunately and listened it on radio humberside.allan hunte was so biased it was comical.Im presuming it was him as it never said his name but his voice is so recognisable
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

lucky 13 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:06 pm Before I turned up tonight I was wandering how we would go without Havard, Cooper and Ellis against what's not a bad set of forwards. I didn't think we did to bad in that department.
We do lack leadership or experience in the ball players and it shows. That was a game we could have lost very easily, it was a Wakefield away performance.
That first 5 minutes if Golden point summed us up we made an easy job difficult with lack of control and execution. I sat after the drop goal in disbelief it was easily the hardest kick of the night but only one we got think it summed the performance up.
Lack of experience throughout this whole team and it isn’t really getting any better next year.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."